HybridZ

One of the First Camaro SS to be Totallyt Wrecked..Shocking Pics.

slownrusty

Holy crap, these cars just fold around you like your own private coffin.

That's why people are walking away. The folding up of the chassis dissipates the impact energy and slows the human being in car at a more gradual rate. How that same pole in a 1990 F350 pickup and the driver is dead.

Soooo, do we believe the guy can't remeber what happened, or that he's playing dumb so the insurance comapany will cover him even though he was driving like a tool?

Clearly the guy was doing well over the speed limit.

Any guesses on speed based on damage to his car and damage ya'll have seen in other wrecks? I'm guessing 70+.

Guess it's plausible that the gut passed out with his foot on the accelerator?

What does insurance do if you've been charged with wreckless driving. Do you still get covered in an accident like this?

Guest Rolling Parts
Reminds me of the final scene in Vanishing Point where they drive the Camaro into the bulldozer roadblock...

Good eye! They did switch cars for the crash scene.

I wonder if the driver really "can't remember" of if he just does not want to say that he wanted to see "what the car would do". Great cars never make up for really stupid drivers....

The only thing I find odd, without reading all the postings is, what is the police report at the scene??

Skid marks? swerve marks? posted speed limits, vs, approx impact speed? At a corner?

road known for spirited driving? How come the trail car was soo far back? Driving record? What is with that other damaged vehicle in the first pic?

Why are both wrists broken, from both hands on the wheel?

Most all these questions can be answered, if I were him I ssoooooo would want to know. It would be forefront in my mind!