HybridZ

soon to be stripping a 1982 2+2 280zx any parts needed?

83zxowner

like the title says i'm going to be stripping my 82 or 83 2+2 280zx hopefully in the next few days. i was just going to see if anyone is interested in any parts off of it. the cars wiring is fried completely. it has less then 150,000 miles on the motor and i was told it had the transmission rebuilt not long before the battery was put in backwards resulting in the burnt wiring. i was also told the thing ran great before then, i cannot guarentee any electrical parts to be good on the engine however, since it cannot run in its condition. it has been siting for atleast 4 years not running. it has a 5spd transmission. the interior is shot for the most part.(seats need recovering, plastic panels have vinyl pealing off but for the most part are in good shape). floors seem to be decent but not perfect small holes towards the front and back. all the windows are good and everything is there for the most part. i am keeping the front windshield since mine is shot on my other car. let me know if you are interested in anything and i can check on its condition and let you know. i will try and get back to you as soon as possible but i do work a fulltime job.

here is a picture of the car.

picture.php?albumid=95&pictureid=657

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i am interested in some parts you got there. understandable with the full time job however could you take some interior pics as well as the other side of the vehicle? i ask cause im interested in the dash and possible front driver fender and light bucket.

i am interested in some parts you got there. understandable with the full time job however could you take some interior pics as well as the other side of the vehicle? i ask cause im interested in the dash and possible front driver fender and light bucket.

the dash is already removed. it looks to be in very good shape. its red and doesnt have any cracks. some of the vents have the louvers broken though. i can get you pics. if i remember correctly the headlight buckets are in good shape as is the drivers side fender. but i will get pics tonight and get back to you.

i would like to get around i dunno 500 for the motor and transmission as a complete assembly. i dont really wanna seperate the two, i would also like it to be picked up or i can meet whoever half way as long as it isnt to far. i live in yankton south dakota 57078. let me know what you guys think. i am open to offers however.

i do have the headrest for the passenger seat in the car also. it was taken off the seat for some reason. here are the rest of the pics.

picture.php?albumid=144&pictureid=1008

picture.php?albumid=144&pictureid=1009

picture.php?albumid=144&pictureid=1010

thats a close up of the glove box where the clear is coming off

picture.php?albumid=144&pictureid=1011

picture.php?albumid=144&pictureid=1012

picture.php?albumid=144&pictureid=1013

picture.php?albumid=144&pictureid=1014

picture.php?albumid=144&pictureid=1015

picture.php?albumid=144&pictureid=1016

picture.php?albumid=144&pictureid=1017

and i would also like to sell this spoiler that came with my other car. all pieces are there and are in decent shape. let me know if u wan more pics of it

picture.php?albumid=144&pictureid=1018

picture.php?albumid=144&pictureid=1019

im looking for a few small int. parts, i need to find the passenger side kick panel, the driver side pillar cover, and both side arm rests for the doors. do you still have any of them?

both arm rests are there you can see them in the pics. i will look for those other parts and let you now if i have them. i believe the drivers side pillar cover is there not sure about the kick panel.

How is the passanger side fender? I can see it, but is it rust and dent free? Will it fit a 280zxt? how much shipped to 43760 if so?

the passenger side fender has the dent just below the trim panel. the pictures above show it. other then the dent its pretty much rust free maybe a few tiny dents here and there. i'm not sure if it will fit a zxt. you may wanna research that otherwise i can go measure my regular zx and the fender of the 2+2 if you cant find any info

Edited by 83zxowner
forgot some info

i would like to get around i dunno 500 for the motor and transmission as a complete assembly. i dont really wanna seperate the two, i would also like it to be picked up or i can meet whoever half way as long as it isnt to far. i live in yankton south dakota 57078. let me know what you guys think. i am open to offers however.

crap. i would like to have an actual `83 tranny in my 130. but i dont really need a motor. if it was a turbo, id kill for 500 for both...

i do NEED your door panels, so id like a price for those, and when you could ship them, and for how much. MIGHT take those seats... mine came leather, would like to go back with leather, but i cant find any shop that can get the cloth pieces for them, so ill talk to my father (helping me restore the car.) and im more than willing to take the wheels off the orange car off your hands ;)

how much for the dash? would you be willing to ship to cali (91402). noticed in an earlier post you pefered not too, just wondering.

i was thinkin about $200 for the dash, you can have all pieces associated with it such as the glove box cover and radio area,but i want you to know the previous owner cut up the radio section below the radio for some reason and the glove box incert is broken. you can also have all gauges in it along with the speedometer and all that, but some of the wiring was melted right before the connectors so the gauges may not work. just so you know it will not come with a vin on it. let me know if you want it or not, or what your exactly wanting since the radio section is pretty heavy if you dont need it that will save you on shipping. i can get more pics of it if you like. it is fading so some dye may be needed but it is in good shape from what i can see.

crap. i would like to have an actual `83 tranny in my 130. but i dont really need a motor. if it was a turbo, id kill for 500 for both...

i do NEED your door panels, so id like a price for those, and when you could ship them, and for how much. MIGHT take those seats... mine came leather, would like to go back with leather, but i cant find any shop that can get the cloth pieces for them, so ill talk to my father (helping me restore the car.) and im more than willing to take the wheels off the orange car off your hands ;)

i can check the vin on the car and make sure of the rear and get back to you. as for the door panels they do have some staining and such. it is a 20 somethin year old car. the one handle trim is broken on the passenger side and the seats also have some faiding on the vinyl sides and on the corners and such. i havent seen any tears or anything i just want you to know. i cant get more pics for you aswell if you like. the wheels on the orange car are prolly gunna stay on it at this time however. let me know