HybridZ

soon to be stripping a 1982 2+2 280zx any parts needed?

83zxowner

on the wheels, i was mostly joking... for the badges, thats better than mine. my side badges are devoid of all chrome, and miss a lot of the back (so the are like pure white now) and thats fine on the panels... i got mostly intact doors, but the top of the panels is fading severely, and the driver doos has cracks growing like kudzoo

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if more pictures are needed please let me know. saturday is going to be the day i disassemble the car for sure. any parts that are good will be removed and photographed i will describe everthing as best as possible, i'm not lookin to fool anyone just wanna get this car gone and make some money in the process. i just want everyone to know i cannot be sure of any electrical parts on the car since all of the grounds were melted through most of the car. i will try and get back to everyone asap. if you dont hear from me please remind me. thanks

what rear end does that thing have (r180/r200,) also, is it an auto, or a stick?

from what i read it should have an r200 since its either an 82 or 83 i believe. i am going to check the vin and validate the year for sure and i will hopefully get the diff out on sat. i can have pics of it then.

from what i read it should have an r200 since its either an 82 or 83 i believe. i am going to check the vin and validate the year for sure and i will hopefully get the diff out on sat. i can have pics of it then.

that works. my 83 has a 180, and being a ...... to swap out (im doing it as we speak....)

i was thinkin about $200 for the dash, you can have all pieces associated with it such as the glove box cover and radio area,but i want you to know the previous owner cut up the radio section below the radio for some reason and the glove box incert is broken. you can also have all gauges in it along with the speedometer and all that, but some of the wiring was melted right before the connectors so the gauges may not work. just so you know it will not come with a vin on it. let me know if you want it or not, or what your exactly wanting since the radio section is pretty heavy if you dont need it that will save you on shipping. i can get more pics of it if you like. it is fading so some dye may be needed but it is in good shape from what i can see.

thats cool i dont need the the wiring, i just want to swap it into mine i will revit (hope i spelled that wright) my vin to it. also i dont need the radio portion. my dash is just cracked to ♥♥♥♥ (exuce my french), so yes i would like to get that off your hands.

thats cool i dont need the the wiring, i just want to swap it into mine i will revit (hope i spelled that wright) my vin to it. also i dont need the radio portion. my dash is just cracked to ♥♥♥♥ (exuce my french), so yes i would like to get that off your hands.

ok well i"ll start the search for a big enough box at work tomarrow and see what i can turn up shipping wise and box wise. i'll let you know what i find out on shipping prices etc. just to double check you just want the upper portion of the dash correct?

You might want to check if it has cv's also. more money to you. The last '82 2+2 I looked at had the cvs in back.

Dang, 500 is a little steep for me, I'm still looking for a job. About all I could do would be 200 for the engine+tranny. Sorry, money's tight. I could pick up, I have to do some work for my grandma in Souix Falls.

You might want to check if it has cv's also. more money to you. The last '82 2+2 I looked at had the cvs in back.

Dang, 500 is a little steep for me, I'm still looking for a job. About all I could do would be 200 for the engine+tranny. Sorry, money's tight. I could pick up, I have to do some work for my grandma in Souix Falls.

yeah i cant let it go for that. i can prolly split the two and sell ya the transmission for $250 though

alright, so how much you want for those panels? i just got the okay for them... how is the front carpet? i might be interested in that if its in good condition. and i think i might go for the side badges. im learning how expensive and hard these cars are to work on. ive spent now about to be 200 in parts to do a diff swap, rear wheel bearing replacement, and rear pads

alright, so how much you want for those panels? i just got the okay for them... how is the front carpet? i might be interested in that if its in good condition. and i think i might go for the side badges. im learning how expensive and hard these cars are to work on. ive spent now about to be 200 in parts to do a diff swap, rear wheel bearing replacement, and rear pads

well the front carpet is shot and long past being useable. you can have the badges for $30 and i was thinkin $50 a piece for the door panels, but i think someone else wants the armrests? thats all without shipping ofcourse

yeah, no worries on the arm rests, mine are fine. its just the top of the panels are faded and cracking like crazy

i checked on the emblems and door panels for you after i got it all stripped yesterday. didnt get time to take pics of all the parts, took me all day to get the car apart and man was it tiring. i want you to know that the emblems barely have any chrome on them anymore and they are pretty well shot, and i looked at the door panels also, they look to be in good shape but the board the vinyl is stapled to is rotten on the bottom front of both doors. i dont want to mislead you at all so just let me know what you wanna do. i obviously dont want what i told you after finding those imperfections

im looking for a few small int. parts, i need to find the passenger side kick panel, the driver side pillar cover, and both side arm rests for the doors. do you still have any of them?

i do have the kick panel i believe its in decent shape. i'll get you pics on that, the arm rests arent to bad either, just a little faded. but what pillar cover are you looking for? i know the one that runs up beside the dash is in decent shape but is faded to nearly white, not sure if thats something that you can dye or not. let me know what you think

heres the pics i promised with pricing let me know what you want or if you have questions

strut tower cover $20 each. other side is in the same condition, faded but in alright shape for its age

picture.php?albumid=144&pictureid=1130

picture.php?albumid=144&pictureid=1131

interior panel. needs to be recovered with vinyl. $40

picture.php?albumid=144&pictureid=1142

passenger side cover nice shape. needs rubber corner put back in place i think if it was heated with a heat gun it would help stretch it out back to where it should be. you can see where its loose in the pick top right edge

CORNER MARKER SET $15 both in good shape no clue if bulbs are good

picture.php?albumid=144&pictureid=1145

rear corner marker set $15 no clue if bulbs are good

picture.php?albumid=144&pictureid=1146

drivers side kick panel $40

picture.php?albumid=144&pictureid=1147

passenger side pillar cover $30 faded but with dye it should be fine

picture.php?albumid=144&pictureid=1151

picture.php?albumid=144&pictureid=1152

under dash vent pipe $15

picture.php?albumid=144&pictureid=1153

lower dash cover $30 no clue if bulb is good

picture.php?albumid=144&pictureid=1154

passenger side kick panel cracked slightly $20

picture.php?albumid=144&pictureid=1155

picture.php?albumid=144&pictureid=1156

drivers side inner fender well headlight bucket $15 cracked by screw hole

picture.php?albumid=144&pictureid=1157

picture.php?albumid=144&pictureid=1158

passenger side is in good shape $25

picture.php?albumid=144&pictureid=1159

lower dash cover $15

picture.php?albumid=144&pictureid=1160

dash vent piece, in good shape $20

picture.php?albumid=144&pictureid=1161

lower dash cover $30 no clue if bulb is good

picture.php?albumid=144&pictureid=1162

cover $10 each ,missing one stud other one is in the same condition (missing a stud also)

picture.php?albumid=144&pictureid=1163

picture.php?albumid=144&pictureid=1164

vent piece $25

picture.php?albumid=144&pictureid=1165

cover $15 each. other side is in the same shape

picture.php?albumid=144&pictureid=1168

glove box liner $20

picture.php?albumid=144&pictureid=1169

drivers side inner panel $90 each ,passenger side is in same condition both are in good shape. dirty in pic some slight fadeing near windows

picture.php?albumid=144&pictureid=1172

picture.php?albumid=144&pictureid=1178

drivers side pillar cover $30

picture.php?albumid=144&pictureid=1173

picture.php?albumid=144&pictureid=1174

cover for rear side window mechanizm $10 other side is in the same condition

picture.php?albumid=144&pictureid=1175

i believe this is one of the covers that goes on the vertical part of the door opening, would be right behind your sholder towards the door. its in decent shape but is sun bleached. dye should bring it back to life $15 for drivers $10 for passenger side (missing tab)

picture.php?albumid=144&pictureid=1176

picture.php?albumid=144&pictureid=1177

picture.php?albumid=144&pictureid=1185

picture.php?albumid=144&pictureid=1186

picture.php?albumid=144&pictureid=1187

picture.php?albumid=144&pictureid=1188

front bumper complete with turn signals, bumper cover, shocks etc few scratches but otherwise in nice shape $200

picture.php?albumid=144&pictureid=1181

picture.php?albumid=144&pictureid=1182

picture.php?albumid=144&pictureid=1183

picture.php?albumid=144&pictureid=1184

blower box looks to be in good shape and is complete. $175

picture.php?albumid=144&pictureid=1189

picture.php?albumid=144&pictureid=1190

stock l28 complete with mechanical parts, turns over with wrench electricals are no good at all, wiring is melted from battery being put in backwards harness was cut when i removed. right now it is sitting in the complete crossmember. $500 for the motor and tranny together. $250 for tranny if seperated. $375 for motor if seperated.

picture.php?albumid=144&pictureid=1132

picture.php?albumid=144&pictureid=1133

picture.php?albumid=144&pictureid=1134

picture.php?albumid=144&pictureid=1135

picture.php?albumid=144&pictureid=1136

stock 1982 n/a 5spd tranny, i was told it was rebuilt. i cannot verify this however this is what the previous owner told me. seems to shif through gears fine $250 if seperated from motor otherwise see pricing above for set

picture.php?albumid=144&pictureid=1179

picture.php?albumid=144&pictureid=1180

rear diff right now is complete on crossmember with cv axles. for differential and cv driveshafts i'm looking to get $400 looks like diff needs an new seal on the right side.bushing is shot

picture.php?albumid=144&pictureid=1137

picture.php?albumid=144&pictureid=1138

picture.php?albumid=144&pictureid=1139

picture.php?albumid=144&pictureid=1140

overflow tank $35

picture.php?albumid=144&pictureid=1150

ofcourse all prices are negotiable. let me know what you think or want and i"ll get back to you