HybridZ

James Thagard

Beck

So, I have been away from hybridz for quite some time. I did a great deal of searching for speedshopthagard and James Thagard and didn't some up with much. Seems like a lot of information has evaporated. Googling just turns up dozens of dead links. If there is someone else on hybridz dealing with turbo sales, then shoot me with a PM. I'm not hunting down Dr Thagard specifically, I just wanted to spend some money inside the community.

Wow, my own thread!

For the past several years I have focused my efforts on work and home, which did not allow me to focus on cars, selling turbos and custom fabrication. I started SpeedShopThagard to highlight my projects and to sell good quality turbocharges to my fellow Z brothers. This was fun and gave me a bit of extra cash to support my hobby and at no point did I rely on this for my family and is the reason my prices were always cheaper.

With that said, I believe I have reached a point in my life that I want to once again pursue my passion for cars, which drove me to purchase an Acura NSX. This is good because it forced me to hook up my welders in preperation for my Turbo NSX project, but it is bad in the sense that I no longer own a Zcar.

Anyway, I will make it a point to at least post pics of my new project and perhaps i will purchase another Z in the near future.

Hi James - Great to hear from you and always enjoyed chatting with you. You provided great technical support and assistance and when I needed to size a new turbo for my ZX - thanks for your help (remember the compressor housing conflicts we had with the steering linkage-UG!). The turbo is working great and I hope to break some really decent numbers with it after my Haltech install. I wished your site was still up, there was some inspiring pictures of some great Z builds you were involved with over the years including yours and Tim's car.

No matter how honest and hard working you are there will always be people that falsely accuse for their own screw-ups and short comings. So I hope you do not take it to heart, these people operate on the "why blame myself, when it is easier to blame someone else" principle...no accountability.

Good luck with your Turbo NSX project...sounds wicked. Please post pics and share the build with us.

My best - Yasin

• 2 weeks later...

James,

I bought a T3/T04E from you a few years ago. I really appreciated your help and patience with me at the time.

I now have a 1 year old son and another on the way so I haven't had as much time for the Z hobby. I remember one time I spoke to you on the phone about my order and your son or daughter was screaming relentlessly. I now feel your pain!:lol:

Good luck with the NSX project and keep us posted.

-Mark Sims

James, helped me reclock my oil pump gear on my Z 11 years ago over the phone!

My Z still isn't finished but has come a long way since!

Thanks for everything and keep us updated on the NSX project and when another Z arrives!

Take care and stay in touch,