HybridZ

Starting MS test install, advice needed

tech9

• 3 weeks later...

I have everything in place for "starting" the car, except I can't figure out the timing on the crank wheel (a little new technology for me :P).

Tooth #1 angle set to 60 degrees in MSextra trigger wheel setup. Would this be correct?

36-1_4cy_80deg.JPG

This is how my hub is setup:

edishubinstructions.png

The bolt holes in the hub are just to get the hub aligned properly. You don't leave them in.

The one thing I notice is your screen shot shows an offset of 80 not 60.

Derek

I have everything in place for "starting" the car, except I can't figure out the timing on the crank wheel (a little new technology for me :P).

Tooth #1 angle set to 60 degrees in MSextra trigger wheel setup. Would this be correct?

36-1_4cy_80deg.JPG

This is how my hub is setup:

edishubinstructions.png

I verified my wheel/vr sensor in relation to Dereks photo and it looks exact.

Here is a tooth diagnostic. Im still having trouble with the resets of ms also, direct fire cop just causes that much more trouble. Going to run the COP trigger wires separate through another loom in the firewall, hope that solves it.

TOOTH.jpg

It sounds like something is WAY off to make it not even attempt to start. I do get a lot of backfires though while testing some settings.

At least I am learning a lot about MS and these trigger wheels.

Hey guys, you all seem to be pretty knowledgeable on the subject of MS-II, well, i just finished the build, and most all the wiring into the car, and ... yeah... no spark...

Just about to get upset, any clues as to what i could do?

The only things i dont have hooked up are the fuel pump (still on old ECU) and O2 (trying to figure out the feed wire i need to splice) no sure about TPS, but i have tryed it both ways, so i know that doesnt matter...

I have no idea on how to tune this thing, but i didnt think that would prevent a start... so, i borrowed a map from a 240sx, seemed similar enough, so i changed engine size/cylender count/injectors/etc. but, that is about all i know, any help would be great!

thanks guys,

Cody J.

Oh, yeah,

i have an 87' 300zx turbo... also, i am not sure about the distributor hook up, i used red for power, white to pin 25, and black to pin 2 on the MSq-2 v3.0 board.

Ok, i have gone through and done what i can of maping an initial, and filling in all the gaps that i had asfar as programing the MSq-II... hope it works this time! lol

oh, question... for hooking up a V-6 what banks should i be plugged into for what piston? frome the front right i have 1-3-5 and left is 2-4-6 right now i have each side to it's own bank (right to green bank, left to blue) ... it is what i have read, is it correct?

Thanks guys.

NOTICE the lack of dissy in this video!

Need to get the tune a little better, and figure out the timing issues. For some reason the timing at idle is ~20+ (I think that is the popping you hear).

Haven't worked on it much though, need to get a radiator/fan combo that I ordered installed to actually run the engine more then 30 seconds.

In other news, turbo engine is getting cleaned and rebuilt right now. Once I get this tune running normally we can do the SWAP! :D

Why are you using 440cc injectors? You will never be able to utilize that much flow on a normally aspirated engine. You could use injectors half that flow rate and still have just as much horse power. You will find you will have more problems tuning the engine at lower RPMs with high flow injectors.

• 4 months later...

Finally got this working. I will post up a video of the running engine finally. Actually runs GREAT with the LSx coils. With no tuning yet.

Here is a "almost" working video:

Just got excited and had to post something!