HybridZ

VG30ET or VG30E dimensions anyone?

Gollum

Ok, so I can't seem to find good dimensions anywhere of the SOHC VG engine, and would like them so I could keep working on one of my crackpot pipedream ideas that'll probably never happen.

If nobody happens to have them I guess I'll just wait until I find another one in the junkyard or something, then measure that one. I specifically would really like the LENGTH of the motor, from the farthest back part of the engine or head (which ever sticks out more) to the furthest most forward part of block/heads.

What am I dreaming up? Don't ask. But there are a few on here that might have a clue.

Now I feel like an idiot.... 10 minutes later I finally find them via google. I'd already been looking for like an hour.

Here's the specs copied from a post on nicoclub

From the cranknose to the back of the motor where the tranny meets = 22"

From the oil pan to the top of the intake manifold (z31turbo) =26-27"

from the furthest outside point on the exhaust manifold to the furthest outside point on the exhaust manifold is = 22"-23"

from the back of the engine (where the tranny connects), to the middle of the engine mount =10"

Width of the engine where the bell housing meets the back of the engine =15"

• 2 years later...

One dimension is a bit incomplete:

"From the oil pan to the top of the intake manifold (z31turbo) =26-27"

That looks to be the entire height of the engine.

I'd very much like to know the dimension of the engine over the cross member. In other words, the height of the engine from the high part of the oil pan to the top of the engine.

Ok, so I can't seem to find good dimensions anywhere of the SOHC VG engine, and would like them so I could keep working on one of my crackpot pipedream ideas that'll probably never happen.

If nobody happens to have them I guess I'll just wait until I find another one in the junkyard or something, then measure that one. I specifically would really like the LENGTH of the motor, from the farthest back part of the engine or head (which ever sticks out more) to the furthest most forward part of block/heads.

What am I dreaming up? Don't ask. But there are a few on here that might have a clue.

Well I'm asking :)

Well I'm asking :)

How about a 6 liter V12? Maybe even with turbos?

I blame braap. Not only did he help fertilize the idea but then flat out admitted he'd had the idea before too!

Ironically, all this time later (old thread resurrection!) I'm thinking that I'm going to go with a VG for my next swap, and I'm considering compound induction via VG33ER with a front mounted turbo, probably in the T66 range.

A V12, is that all :o

Hey, to be fair by my measurements it would fit wonderfully. The main obstacles would be the cross member/oil pan clearances which could always be fixed with a custom cross member, or using a front sump setup on the front engine, which luckily isn't hard to find for the VG motors.

The next big hurdle is custom exhaust, which honestly should be cake for anyone willing to undertake such an adventure.

Think about it though. If a normal VG30ET can reach 500rwhp on stock pistons, what could a VG66ETT do?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...