HybridZ

sr20 swap in RHD car, need help

mr jdm

Hey guys whats up, Im doing my motor mounts and right now I am using a mckinney front engine cradle, not trans mount was going to make one or order it later.

Anyway, the motor is a redtop with a greddy intake manifold on it. The ONLY way for the motor to sit on the mckinney cradle and NOT hit the front stock crossmember... what happens is the rear of the intake manifold hits the clutch master cylinder because the car is RHD.

Whats the solution for this? relocating?.. I have never relocated one, any ideas or advice.

Try swaping out to a stock intake manifold, it might help with fitment.

I just bought a manifold and waiting for it to come in, but stock is definetly not an option. Hehe, running an sc61 with built head.

What part of the clutch master is it hitting? the reservoir or the actual body?

I wish it was hitting the reservoir, its hitting the actual body, about 1/2-1" of the end of it, by end I mean the end thats facing towards the front of the car. Any suggestions on what to do, im kinda nervous because I havent ever had to relocate one of these.

Cut the plenum, invert the piece you cut out placing it back into the hole you made, and have it rewelded back into place so it clears the clutch cylinder.

Same sort of thing happens at the front of the Greddy RB25 manifold with angle of the front when you use the VQ45 Throttle Body, you just cut it, weld it where it needs to be, and then polish the manifold. If you grind the welds smooth, then polish it, it will look like the manifold came that way. Clear Anonodize it, and the upkeep will be minimal.

I'd leave the clutch where it's at, the manifold seems far easier to modify.

thats a great idea! and it would definetly work with the greddy intake manifold well, but I just ordered one these manifolds because I wanted to do a before and after with Greddy to see if theres any results, also got the 90mm tb to go with it.

Im really hoping this manifold clears it but I dont see how it would be possible to invert this one?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-INTAKE-MANIFOLD-NISSAN-SILVIA-S13-SR20DET-SR20_W0QQitemZ230356778633QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMotors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories?hash=item35a2557e89&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245&_trkparms=65%3A12|39%3A1|72%3A1171

Easy, just quickly whip up a custom firewall like this :-)!

http://www.classiczcars.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=6738

Seriously though,

Have you tried moving the engine forward by hacking up the front original Z crossmember? Just enough to get that sump forward, This is what 240hoke did when he installed a VQ35! He has a website that shows this particular process.

This is from his website,

http://www.vq240z.com-a.googlepages.com/frontsubframe

DSC_0009Medium-custom;size:600,536.jpg

DSC_0013Medium-custom;size:600,536.jpg

As long as you don't use the aftermarket SR20 sump with the big "ears" - this mod should work just fine!

• 7 months later...

Use a wilwood clutch and brake pedals under dash hanging so master cylinders are under the dash....

hey, I ended up buying a tilton clutch master for about 100 from summit. It lines up with all the holes on the firewall. The actual body of the tilton is 2" shorter than the stock one. Problem solved.