HybridZ

RB26 Cam Cover Breathers

datsun dave

How do i get the original breather metal fittings out from the RB26 cam covers ?

As have bought some new fittings from a Hybridz member so i can run them direct into a oil catch can with breathers using some nice braided lines & fittings.

Thanks chaps.

Turning them out you have to clamp the covers down and there is a chance of scratching or damaging in some way. take the internal baffling out and use a large diameter flat punch from the inside one good wack and they should go flyin.

I am using the McKinney mounts and found the fittings were very close to the hood catch. Not much room if you ever want to remove rocker cover. I tried to remove and could not do it so....

4-8-09006.jpg

... I removed old fittings (they are just pressed in), sawed off old boss and had them welded closed, and had a new set of "bungs" welded on.

5-19-09002.jpg

Then I filed flat and had them powder coated.

6-4-09009.jpg

I plan on using union with 90 degree elbow on hose running to catch can, but you could use "T" and link them back to original config.

I am using the McKinney mounts and found the fittings were very close to the hood catch. Not much room if you ever want to remove rocker cover. I tried to remove and could not do it so....

4-8-09006.jpg

I used Australian made engine mounts and have exactly the same issue. Never thought to do what you have done, well done. I have modified the bonnet catch (with a hammer) which was far too crude

• 4 years later...

Think I'll go for -10 then.

Unlike you I still have the original bonnet catch in place and with my mounts mounting it lower and further back than yours the stock fittings on the intake side cam cover hit it. I'm planning to remove the original fitting, weld it up and weld a -10 fitting just In front of it.

• 1 month later...

To prevent having to weld bungs to the valve cover we do make press-in fittings:

http://www.rawbrokerage.com/raw-brokerage-10am-valve-cover-press-in-fittings-rb26/

I would have used that instead of welding mine on, but as I needed to move the breather on the intake side cover forward slightly to clear my bonnet latch it wouldn't have worked for me.

To prevent having to weld bungs to the valve cover we do make press-in fittings:

http://www.rawbroker...-fittings-rb26/

awesome definantly going to buy a set of these.

How do i get the original breather metal fittings out from the RB26 cam covers ?

at first I tried using a punch and they didn't really move, then I used a slide hammer and they came right out!