HybridZ

JTR LSx Header Installation Questions...

At what point do I install the headers on the motor? With both my previous SBC and BBC swaps the headers were already bolted on the heads before the engine was dropped into place.

So LSx veterans, when do they go on?

Thanks!!

I did mine after it was in. Though I'm having a crap load of steering column interference with my Sanderson Shorties.

Even though the JTR headers are made by Sanderson, they are definitely different than the ones Sanderson sells. Not even an issue with the JTR headers, aside from a couple spark plug boots almost sitting on the header. May have to go with different wires than the Magnacore wires I have. :(

• 11 months later...

I believe the LS2 wires are the way to go. I think they have a 90 degree bend to them and clear the headers.

Anyone have a part number or source for these elusive plug wires? Everywhere I look they have a 45 degree bend vs a 90 degree

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone have a part number or source for these elusive plug wires? Everywhere I look they have a 45 degree bend vs a 90 degree

I put in an LS2 crate motor and the stock plugs had no chance of clearing the JTR headers. MSD makes a set of LS wires with adjustable boots. Slightly longer than the stockers and allows each plug to be adjusted to clear the headers. Look them up on JEGS or Summit.

Just picked up a set of the MSD wires today at Summit, part #32813. The spark plug boots come straight but will bend almost to a 90 and stay put.

I'd like to see a picture of how much you had to bend them, would you mind posting one? I bought the LS2 plug wires and have not installed them yet - maybe i'll get out there and do it today