HybridZ

The official White Z thread

I recently purchased a 72 240z to build after searching for over a year for one in good condition without rust. I've been lurking on this forum for at least a year and rarely see white Zs. I have an idea in my head as to what i want my Z to look like but I'd like to see what others have done with theirs in white!

So if you have a white Z, this is the place! :D

(i've searched and cant find a white thread :weird: )

my z has been white since 1990. it is a fleet white base with a subtle platinum pearl in the clear coat. i was too poor at the time to afford true euro z bumpers so we stripped, welded the holes and rear into 1 piece, painted and voila, white euro bumpers.

here she is...

tuffz_lf.JPG

there is a video somewhere on Youtube of Keiichi Tsuchiya driving it around a track in Japan. Its from one of the Best Motoring videos I believe.

Video has been removed...but I think it was the one of the Z Best Motoring video to commemorate the Z...Also, BurnoutZ has somthing similar to the same Spirit Garage. Well, I've only seen some pics of his front looks nice (looks like he's using the same style flares with the MSA type 3 front.) or at least I think it does. Hopefully he'll chime in and show us some pics. I've been waiting to see how his Z turn out. If you're reading this BurnoutZ please post up pics of your car. I want to see what it looks like at all angles. His car has given me some great ideas and refreshed my mind.

Ok here are some pics of mine in various stages during my ownership.

How it looked when I first got it> fender flares added along with rockers painted to match car and bumper color change, as it looks today> With Watanabes that are waiting to be permanently fitted as soon as I get my coilovers and locking lugs.

PICT0722_thumb.JPG

PICT2063_thumb.jpg

PICT2064_thumb.jpg

PICT2065_thumb.jpg

15665_thumb.attach

Ok here are some pics of mine in various stages during my ownership.

How it looked when I first got it> fender flares added along with rockers painted to match car and bumper color change, as it looks today> With Watanabes that are waiting to be permanently fitted as soon as I get my coilovers and locking lugs.

Dude, your car is going to look awesome when it is dropped!