HybridZ

HICAS Removal/PS Pump modification?

Kanzen

Hey HybridZ,

My brother has just recently bought a '92 Z32 TT, and its kickass man, smokes V8s and Lancers (what more is there to life?) only problem is, is that after a couple of days of driving, HICAS light came on, and HICAS is playing up big time, has been off the road for a week or two now.

I purchased a HICAS Eliminator kit from Driftworks, friendly bunch, fast delivery and in the process of installing it now, problem I've just run into (and should of realised earlier) is having to modify the powersteering pump from high pressure to low pressure and seizing the lines to the rear of the car. :ugg:

Would I be better off buying a low pressure powersteering pump from lets say, another car and just tossing the high pressure one in the z32? Thats about all I have found about it...

Any insight? past stories? need some hardcore help, its a popular practice but I cant find any intel anywhere about it.

Not sure what you mean.

You'll have to bridge the high and low pressure lines to the rear, but that's included with the kit, no?

I've never heard of this "high pressure to low pressure" modification to the pump in eliminating HICAS before. Is it possible you misunderstood the direction?

The ideal way to go about eliminating HICAS is to get the pump off an NA Z32 that doesn't have the secondary pump circuit at all, which allows you to eliminate the big HICAS valves in the engine bay.

Sorry, trying to explain it ended up in me jumbling up my own words.

Alrighty sounds like I need to get my hands on an NA pump, should of done that from the start.

I didnt recieve anything in the kit that would reconnect the lines together, that was another thought running through my head, and I didnt see anything like that in the kit either...unless I'm missing something?

QUOTE:"Alrighty sounds like I need to get my hands on an NA pump, should of done that from the start."

Replacing the pump is a pain in the a** but sourcing some fittings to connect the two hose ends is a piece of cake. It's your choice.

Replacing the pump is a pain in the a** but sourcing some fittings to connect the two hose ends is a piece of cake. It's your choice.

Could be the right there, might be more hassle then what its worth.

Ill have a look around and read up on how to connect the two hose ends, surely its not that hard....right? haha.