HybridZ

toyo PROXES R888 tires

they are DOT race tires. notice the 100AA treadwear rating. You'll go through them in about 4000 miles.

If you want daily driver tires in 225/50/15, get some yamaha avs es100 for $80/each, or bfgoodrich gforce sports

Also, if you're looking to buy tires for their 'looks' ... well, nevermind

I use these as my daily tires and my rain tires on the track. As rains i find them great. I would rank them a street performance tire - compared to my dunlop slicks, or my V710s they are NOT race tires. Excellent street tire - but they will wear quick - more than 4000 miles depending on how hard you launch :). I suspect the R888s are good for closer to 10,000 miles with street use but I have not worn through a set yet.

Well R888's are a race tyre, a semi slick to be precise. Their on track performance is similar to other semis, understanding that there are variations in compounds for various specific purposes.

Semi slicks can be driven on the road but generally its not adviseable, there are much better tyres around for that purpose.