HybridZ

280ZX brake master cylinder

Hi, I'm looking for a photograph of a 15/16ths brake master cylinder from a left hand drive 280ZX. Can one of you guys who own one be a sport and take a pic of it for me? In particular, the placement of the bleed nipples on the side of the cylinder.

Thanks in advance.:D:biggrin:

I've been told that the left hand drive M/C's had the nipples on the right hand side. (When standing at the front of the car looking at it)

Are the mounting eyes over and under, or side by side? I have a right hand drive unit, but it has the bleed nipples on the wrong side for my application.

maybe it is due to the coriolis effect down south. seriously they face out and to the left if you are sitting behind the wheel. best pic I can take without removing the heat shield and the spare is too hard to get to but you can see the little rascal peeking out between the mc and washer tank if you squint

P7270010_thumb.JPG

Thank you for the pictures. I have a 15/16 M/C from a right had drive 280ZX, which I'm going to use with a B210 station wagon brake booster on my RHD datsun 510. However, the bleed nipples on the side (mine is a vertical mounting unit) are going to foul on the drivers side inner guard. (fender) Someone told me that there was a left hand drive 280zx M/C that had the nipples on the opposite side, but I see now that it has the mounting points on the opposite orientation to the one I have. So, I'd either have to adapt an either side M/C to my booser, of cut the tips off my bleed nipples. The (used) MC I have needs to be resleeved, and they are no longer available here new. So I thought maybe I'd investivestigate my options.

Many thanks for you input guys! :D

I had a master cylinder with an interference issue on a S30 and I simply removed the bleeder screws and welded up the screw holes. As long as you bench bleed the master before installation the side bleeders are not necessary.

95% of all the newer master cylinders lack bleeders. Even Nissan stopped using them in the late 1980’s to early 1990’s time period.

Food for thought indeed!

yeah, since I'm going to be overhualing the entire hydaulic system, (As well as upgrading all the brakes) I'll probably never need to use said bleed nipples anyway. Friends of mine have just cut the nipples off on their installs, but I thought I'd try to be clever about it.