HybridZ

Another video of Derek's cast ITB manifold

Derek

I shot some more video today. It's really hard to get an accurate sound. Also the videos all look like I'm going about 5 miles an hour! I'm actually doing 50 to 70 most of the time.

The mike was in the cabin with me. Next time I'll give it a try with it in the engine compartment.

Thanks

Derek

object%3E

Your car has to much sound deadening to get a good sound clip in with the mic in the cabin!!!!!! come on Derek you know better than that!!! lol When was the last time you adjusted your valves?? they seem a little noisy to me. But I say just get the new engine built!!

Thanks guy's

that looks, and sounds cool. Good work.

Well as I was shooting the video I was thinking WWBPD (what would big phil do?) and came to the conclusion I can' repeat your "mug in the camera" intro's!

Maybe when I do a proper video you can do the intro for me!

Thats sick man i live in daytona how much would it cost for you to make another one????

I'm not really sure if I'll be selling these or not. May be too much of a hassle for the tiny market.

Derek, which head are you running?
Right now I'm running an E88 with dished pistons and a stock cam. I just bought a P90 that I'm going to have milled .080". I'm going with flatops and an ISKY regrind. That should bump it up a bit.

Derek

Your car has to much sound deadening to get a good sound clip in with the mic in the cabin!!!!!! come on Derek you know better than that!!! lol When was the last time you adjusted your valves?? they seem a little noisy to me. But I say just get the new engine built!!

Are you jealous of my insulation? You should be:) That valve ticking is actually a combination of normal valve noise and the injectors firing. The way I have the injector caps and lines they seem to really resonate. I tried the mike in the engine compartment and the ticking noise was overwhelming the sweet sound of the ITBs. Maybe I'll duct tape the mike to my head. cuz it sounds

a lot better where my ears are.

Derek

Are you jealous of my insulation? You should be:) That valve ticking is actually a combination of normal valve noise and the injectors firing. The way I have the injector caps and lines they seem to really resonate. I tried the mike in the engine compartment and the ticking noise was overwhelming the sweet sound of the ITBs. Maybe I'll duct tape the mike to my head. cuz it sounds

a lot better where my ears are.

Derek

LoL No my car is quiet enough. I am jealous of your A/C system, your car computer, your stereo. suspension, umm your intake manifold. hrmm anything else? lol

One thing i found that helped with the injector ticking was switching my injectors to alternating injection instead of simultaneous injection. just made it so that 3 injectors where firing at once instead of 6.

LoL No my car is quiet enough. I am jealous of your A/C system, your car computer, your stereo. suspension, umm your intake manifold. hrmm anything else? lol

Lets see, the carpeting is nice, the power windows.... Shes a pretty one to be sure.

His car is really one of the comfiest looking Z's I have had the honor to see in person, and shes PRETTY to boot. (Wiring, of course, can be ignored until it gets tucked... right Derek?? ;) )

Lets see, the carpeting is nice, the power windows.... Shes a pretty one to be sure.

His car is really one of the comfiest looking Z's I have had the honor to see in person, and shes PRETTY to boot. (Wiring, of course, can be ignored until it gets tucked... right Derek?? ;) )

I forgot about the power windows and locks. Geez. The only thing my car has on his is that its faster lol. I guess wider wheels also.

I did rewire a bunch but it still looks like a nest! I'm in the process of designing my custom console which should finalize the rest of the wiring...Yea right!

I was at a 350Z and infinity meeting in Gainesville on Saturday (token S30) and they were quite impressed with my creature comforts!

Derek

I'm starting to get this you tube thing figured out. Here is a better quality video. Although the sound quality is probably the same.And that's really the important part!

I can't edit the original link because my edit period has expired.

Derek