HybridZ

Now with Wastegates!!!

Finally decided to get wastegates for my turbos. After years of running the twin turbo chevy engine without them, I decided I wanted to control the boost instead of having the boost control me!! I'm hoping everything will work properly.

Soon the engine will go back into the Z.

Hanns

engine14.JPG

so if you couldnt control the amount of boost how much were you running?

17-20 psi with 3-5 psi at launch.

bleakdragonmage.....no control.... the exhaust turbine housing A/R dictated how fast and how much boost was produced. My Rajays with the 383 had .80 A/R and made 17 psi. I changed the A/R to .60 and made 30 psi but it was too much.

My new turbos had .96 A/R with the 406 engine and made 20 psi. when I fabricated the wastegate system I also changed the new turbos to .81 A/R. This will create boost with less lag yet max boost will now be controlled. I'm starting with no more than 15 psi until I know the fuel system can properly handle it.

megatherion... I have a thread in Motorsport section about a website with some videos. VIMEO.COM.. search for Turbo Meister.

rusorbust....The plexiglass box worked well and looked cool, but I wanted to try the carb hat idea for a while.

stony...the wastegates enter the downpipe....because I'm such a considerate person and because my Z is all about being a SLEEPER.

Thanks for the interest everyone.

Hanns.

Hanns,

I love this new carb hat even better than the old one in your signature. The engine looks so wicked---thanks for being a great inspiration to us all!

BTW, don't forget to swap your valve covers around to keep the engraved flames going back the correct way ;)

You rock :rockon: