HybridZ

ok guys got a special little 280z

soooooo.........opinions....heres how the "story" goes according to guy i bought it from..........

guy had car, sold on ebay with no reserve and practically got stolen it was so cheap, new owner was "shipleys donuts" owner, sold it to kid, kid sold it to friend (lost title in process), and now friend sold it to me.

just told the guy who sold it to me to get ahold of his friend and get me a new title from austin (just has to apply, pay small fee and BAM new title in the mail)

now for the specs/pics.....i was told its a low comp 3.1 stroker has cometic head gasket arp head studs....it does have the p90 turbo head. i havent dropped the pan or looked through the engine just yet (transmission isnt wanting to go into gears so im about to start tearing it ou and replacing but there are some other goodies on this car people might notice/be interested in so i figured id let the masses see...

anyone know these wheels?

SSPX0067.jpg

cover =)

SSPX0068.jpg

cap =)

SSPX0069.jpg

and wheel =)...not etched...signed??

SSPX0070.jpg

Edited by sticky280zx
trying to get pics to work

I buggered about with View Source in firefox, and this is what I got:

http://pictures.sprintpcs.com/mmps/006_09d2b1cbe438e300_1/4.jpg (+ 3 other jpg links)

That plugged into the address bar resolves as:

We're sorry, this page is not available. We apologize for the inconvenience. Please go to pictures.sprintpcs.com in case you are using an old bookmark, which is no longer valid.

Nope all that stuff is just crap. I'll give you $50 for the whole car.

haha so thats what i should have told him......lol its got headlight covers,all the bob sharp stuff, n42 intake,& a 3-2 header ive never seen before (first 3 slant down at the single connector and second set are farther back, like a real equal length,) more sharp parts???? or is it a nismo or something of that sort? some minor rust but all in all aside from the trans/clutch issue its a good car and scoots right along, oh and just got word his friend is getting the title in 2-3 weeks. so clear title car with some goodies for under a grand...i think i did quite well

Is this by chance the one offered recently on Craigslist by a guy in Plano? I tried to get some info on it when it was posted, but the seller did not have pics and could not give me an idea of what he wanted for it. Do you mind telling us what you paid for it?

yes it is....haha on craigslist it said ...."280z" thats all, no pics no nothing FINALLY got ahold of him and looked at it and said consider it sold, do you need a down payment now or what. he said no biggie you cant really drive it home tonight anyway, i was like huh? why not? then i looked under the hood....as you can sortof see in the valve cover pic the wiring is chopped like chicken stir fry...random crap everywhere, im just going to buy a full harness set from the headlights to taillights (if anyone has one for sale pm me asap please). If all else fails i already can get an efi harness but i need the dash & light wiring too.

Is this by chance the one offered recently on Craigslist by a guy in Plano? I tried to get some info on it when it was posted, but the seller did not have pics and could not give me an idea of what he wanted for it. Do you mind telling us what you paid for it?

haha so thats what i should have told him......lol its got headlight covers,all the bob sharp stuff, n42 intake,& a 3-2 header ive never seen before (first 3 slant down at the single connector and second set are farther back, like a real equal length,) more sharp parts???? or is it a nismo or something of that sort? some minor rust but all in all aside from the trans/clutch issue its a good car and scoots right along, oh and just got word his friend is getting the title in 2-3 weeks. so clear title car with some goodies for under a grand...i think i did quite well

i noticed that after looking at em for a bit, 1 center is missing =( but im thinking about selling this great stuff guys so you might be seeing it in the classifieds soon, i hate to because it will be worth even more but i hate that it would just be sitting in a closet colecting dust....and im positive Bob wouldnt want that. I might just have to sell the cover/cap, and keep the wheel since it does have the signature.

Also the car came on some momo old school d window wheels and had the a/r's sitting inside. I'm thinking the momos are just as old if not older (ill snap a pic when i get a chance).

See the issue with that is i can clean it up, polish it, powder/ceramic coat, but i would hate for it to just sit away and not get used. And i dont really want to mess with its "original-ness" by cleaning or doing anything to it....its aluminum, it can always be blasted and polished/coated ten yrs down the road.

Yes it is 4:55am here and i just took the parts off the car. Thats also what i was thinking and just figured out "you know theres probably only a handful of those" so i yanked that stuff out of the car like WHOA! I have been looking all night at Bob Sharp stuff and there is alot of info but not much at all floating around. Looks like i'll be holding onto this stuff, all of it, and getting some cheap replacements ;)