HybridZ

Will not start, kind of, 81 Nissan 280ZX Turbo Automatic

AATopFuel

I have read a couple of these threads and it may be hiding in there somewhere.

I have a problem that I think could be the computer.

It's like this, I go out to the car, I put in the key and place it in start, it does not start. It does spin.

I go into the house and watch some Pinks all out and go back out and the car starts. This is like 20 minutes later. It is as if something needs to be energized and once done it will start. Go figure, I want to replace the computer, but, that is no cheap test if you know what I mean.

I can tell you that it is a spark issue. I stand there and hold the coil wire in my hand and nothing. It does not shoot me across the yard.

I have replaced the power transistor on the side of the coil mount, the whole thing. As well as the plugs, wires, dist cap, rotor, plug wires, and air filter. I have checked the head temp sensor it's in specs, fuel pump for pressure, and the wiring for opens. I have noticed that when it starts that it takes about 3 to 4 seconds for the tachometer to start working and doing it's job. This is why it's got me wondering what it is that I am wondering. This happens every time. Once it sits for a couple of days and then it runs on the second try.

Has anyone come across this problem before?

Jerry