HybridZ

vg33et 240z

lol, so today i went through my third yellow top optima, i guess my alternator is going out, so it was running off the battery, well needless to say i put the charger on it and the charger shorted out overnight and so it tried charging it at 13v 400amps mode, well the battery didnt like that very much and exploded, so i put on my best chemical gloves and took it to autozone. Well autozone wont just exchange batterys anymore if they are under warranty, so they tried putting it on the charger............

after that mess and a couple chemical burns later they replaced it.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good luck with that miata IRS swap. Some considerations that you'll want to take in to account:

Overall width hub-to-hub

Available gear ratios in the rear end

Ride height and its effect on suspension geometry (compared to front that you use)

Bolt pattern/Intended wheel offset for suspension design (miatas like high positive)

Mounting points (miata uses a power plant frame thingy)

I'm sure there are plenty of other things you'll run into, but that was what came off the top of my head. I love miatas (the family autox car is a '94), and would love to see you succeed!

Good luck with that miata IRS swap. Some considerations that you'll want to take in to account:

Overall width hub-to-hub

Available gear ratios in the rear end

Ride height and its effect on suspension geometry (compared to front that you use)

Bolt pattern/Intended wheel offset for suspension design (miatas like high positive)

Mounting points (miata uses a power plant frame thingy)

I'm sure there are plenty of other things you'll run into, but that was what came off the top of my head. I love miatas (the family autox car is a '94), and would love to see you succeed!

doesnt really matter, as long as its wider then stock, ride height, isnt going to be affected as I'm sure I'll tackle the front first which should give me a base to work with, suspension geometry should (hopefully) stay the same, mounting is going to be easy, as I'm already talking to my cage builder and we both agreed that doing a full length 2x3" frame and raising the floor boards is gonna make a world of difference, but we'll see when it comes time as I'm still looking at a couple different rear ends.

I'm not going in totally blind and if i get stuck somewhere i have some BIG resources to help me along the way.

So, I've been busy (drunk mostly) today, got my dash rewired for the 4'th time, only requires 11 wires to make everything work! but turn signals and flashers haven been added yet :( I've also decided to to run the gauges, gauge lights, tach and radio through its own switch. So now i have 4 switches, ignition, headlights, accessories and turn signals. I also had to find a place to mount two of them and make it look somewhat factory, so i opted to use of the aftermarket A/C panels that attaches to the center console.

ALSO, decided that I'm going to build a new air dam out of a bunch of FG and bondo that used to be a valance?

DSC01300.jpg

DSC01301.jpg

DSC01304.jpg

I'm gonna have to be a passenger in this rocket ship of yours when you're finished dude!

It's sooner then you think, I've bought everything to finish relocating the battery, bought everything to relocate the oil filter, got my new water pump on, gonna install the new mini starter as well, also gotta change the valve cover gaskets, re-time the motor, hook up the lights wiring harness, screw the switch pod into the center console, sand the roof, paint the car a new color, reinstall sunroof, install fuel cell, put passenger seat back in, run new fuel lines for the fuel cell, permanently install mirror.

small list, but thats it for now, my chassis builder is backed up and cannot start on the roll bar for a few months.

alrighty, getting everything ready to go.

DSC01352.jpg

there is such a big difference in weight between the two its not even funny.

DSC01351.jpg

what i think is the stock trans cross member mounting point.

DSC01348.jpg

custom trans cross member.

DSC01347.jpg

ground clearance is still a problem, even with the motor sitting up high.

DSC01346.jpg

and unfortunately I have to pull the motor to get this header out.

DSC01345.jpg

DSC01344.jpg

DSC01343.jpg

re-defines block hugger.

DSC01341.jpg

I think I'm gonna give dyna-tech a call and order some long tubes for a late model circle track car with a set back motor.

DSC01339.jpg

also still have this random ZG flare sitting on the bench.

DSC01337.jpg