HybridZ

vg33et 240z

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

very nicee me and my dad got matching z's i got a early 73 260 hes got a late 73 240 i got his l28 and stuff and he just swapped over a 66 corvette 327 ss small block chevy into it with a 300hp shot of nos and he just bought a vortech procharger with 20psi pushing 950whp and a quarter mile in 8.57

Yeah, in order for me to keep up progress and to actually start debugging the chassis, I might be trading the sbc setup for a fresh high compression l28 running SU's and a 4 speed, assuming someone doesnt buy the sbc setup first.

edit: then I'll sell that and buy the vg33 when things get better and start that fun and exciting project.

While the 1990-93 Miata rear had a viscous LSD option, the 1994+ Miata's could have been ordered, based on package, with the superior Torsen type LSD. A poor mans alternative to the Torsen is a clutch type LSD from the '84-88 NA RX-7. They will also bolt into the later 1994+ Miata housing since they are the same diff type (the 1989-91 RX-7 LSD will also fit but it is a viscous type, the earlier RX-7's had smaller axle shafts and won't fit the halfshafts). The OEM RX-7 clutch type LSD does have replaceable friction plates and is rebuildable..

Check out Solomiata.com for more info on the Rx7 to miata rear end interchangeabiliy.

I really hope to see you add the miata full suspension to the 240z. I have considered this option myself, but havent bit the bullet and started cutting yet. Good luck with your build.

While the 1990-93 Miata rear had a viscous LSD option, the 1994+ Miata's could have been ordered, based on package, with the superior Torsen type LSD. A poor mans alternative to the Torsen is a clutch type LSD from the '84-88 NA RX-7. They will also bolt into the later 1994+ Miata housing since they are the same diff type (the 1989-91 RX-7 LSD will also fit but it is a viscous type, the earlier RX-7's had smaller axle shafts and won't fit the halfshafts). The OEM RX-7 clutch type LSD does have replaceable friction plates and is rebuildable..

Check out Solomiata.com for more info on the Rx7 to miata rear end interchangeabiliy.

I really hope to see you add the miata full suspension to the 240z. I have considered this option myself, but havent bit the bullet and started cutting yet. Good luck with your build.

Suspension is still on the drawing board, so we'll see.

good to see that you kept the car man! sucks about the window though, were u wearing a watch? haha

4x4 calipers im guessing?

Yeah their the toyota calipers, I am still baffled to this day, what happened, I was only leaning on the window with one hand, while sanding with the other and it cracked.