240zdan

Made 310whp, 261 torque on a mustang dyno

setup is:

RB26dett R32 motor stock

10-11psi

2.5" downpipes, 3" exhaust

Huge FMIC

Stock fuel managment

Pretty impressed with the resullts, not to bad for a factory turbocharged engine from the early 90s. Im sure standalone and eliminating the mafs would yield another 50whp or so.

scan0002.gif

yeah.. i plan on doing suspension/chassis reinforcments, cosmetics, etc...

i cant imagine the car with 4.11 rear end and 14psi.

its part of the reason why we swap these motors in.. to put our wallets away.

over 300bhp from a factory engine is truly awesome! just goes to show how really underrated this engine is... 276bhp my ass!!

ill also add that my downpipe isnt the greatest, there is a 8" section of 2.5" pipe where the donwpipes merge, im sure a more properely designed dp would yield better results

over 300bhp from a factory engine is truly awesome! just goes to show how really underrated this engine is... 276bhp my ass!!

ill also add that my downpipe isnt the greatest, there is a 8" section of 2.5" pipe where the donwpipes merge, im sure a more properely designed dp would yield better results

Do you have any vids of the car running? Have you done any swaps before. How was doing the swap with this motor into the Z?

Do you have any vids of the car running? Have you done any swaps before. How was doing the swap with this motor into the Z?

Wasnt too bad, hardest part was fabricating the oilpan

and yes ive done lots of "swaps"

heres one of them

n505444825_231014_333.jpg

sold it, btw

HAHA been there done that.

Mine made 352 rwhp with no mafs, at stock boost. I said the same thing about the stock hp rating. when i turned it up to 15 PSI it made 392 rwhp with 680cc inj and stock turbos. it was fun. good luck keeping the rear end together. :mrgreen:

stock boost on my rb25 untuned i made 215 through a maf @ 7psi. tuned +14 lbs i want to be around the high 200 low 300 range but it may a long shot to break the 300whp mark on a mustang dyno. Not to mention my dyno didnt look nearly as nice as that one. We will see. Very impressive though

• 2 weeks later...
the rb26 is extremely underrated, thats part of the reason i went with this engine. it was either an rb26, vq35, or ls1. the rb26 still dominates all in stock form...

its a noisey engine but gets the job done..

i would say its a "musical" engine :burnout: