HybridZ

$350 junkyard find

It shouldnt be much of a money pit.

new fender-200

new hood- 340

new quarters-75 each

Hopefully i can find a hood and fender used and save some money.

I really dont wanna sell it.

I found it in Town and country junkyard in Amanda, Ohio. Its right close to Lancaster on 22.

Thanks for all the comments guys.

Never heard it before. Any other interesting cars there? :)

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys, i know its probably frowned on. But I was curious about a sbc and 4 or 5 speed swap into my car. I already have a 406 sbc and was curious cause its ready to drop in. is there going to be a problem using the stock pedals and linkage for the carb and clutch and taht stuff? Can you think of any issues ill have with this?

It blows my mind that they had it also. The fact that it is a jdm car is f***ing amazing. Right hand steer is badass, but Im not so sure about shifting left handed. Looks like Im gonna have to get out the fast and furious movies. I already have a 280zxt and love it, so i know ill love the fairlady too. Hopefully ill be able to find a Lt1 and a t56, but thats on the pricey side of things and im only 20 and me and my wife just built a house. Will an extra turbo t-5 tranny bolt up to the sbc that i have?

If you mean the turbo T5 from a ZX, from what Ive read their different transmissions from say the T5 in a Mustang.

I still dont see why RHD cars are so cool. Lets see, you cant see how close to the center line you are, drive throughs of any sort are out of the question (unless you go backwards)... sweet.

If that was me I would just restore it and keep as is because that's complete nostalgia right there, then again I already have a S30 I plan on doing a V8 swap in so the want to go fast wouldn't affect the 2nd project. I envy you too, I wish I had that car. Have my LHD 302 powered 260Z to go fast in and a completely restored JDM RHD 240Z for cruising in, that's what dreams are made of. Good luck with it.

Great score there! Were lucky to find something like that in OZ now, everyone has an eye or an ear out now and anything is just snapped up!

If it has the original matching numbers block and its still in useable condition, save it and install any motor you want. You can always go back to the original setup whenever you please. As long as you don't chop it up and make it into a tube chassis sports sedan, that's when I'd cry!

Great find!

Here is what you really need to do.......anything you want....it is your car. Before you start spending money on new panels, be sure to strip the car down so you can check for rust. I see the rad support may need some work also the strut tower where it meets the inner fenders in the bay. What kind of shape is the int in? Guess you will have more pics for us when you get the car home. As you may know, whatever your budget is...double it and some, same goes for time.

Again nice find and look forward to seeing what you do with it.

any one know how these got to the US?

Many times they arrived with Military guys from mainland Japan or Okinawa. You used to see more of them near military bases, that was back before they were classics.

It is a great find, I agree that before you start dropping $$$, check all the usual rust areas, something tells me that there is more rust to combat.

No rust on it other than the rear quarter and jacked up front fender. I picked up a lt1 out of a ss impala today for $50. Ill have to see where i can go with it. Thanks for all the comments guys. All the attention makes the car feel special........