HybridZ

Need help with VIN???

Looking at a 240z, VIN HLS30-20388. They are calling it a '73 240. Has series I liftgate. Vents below window. From what I can deduct it's a '70. The only other problem is title is in the name of owner just before current owner. it is also an out of state title and has bill of sale also from owner

$300 OBO

Here are some pics.

DSC00002.jpg

DSC00003.jpg

DSC00004.jpg

DSC00005.jpg

DSC00008.jpg

DSC00009.jpg

DSC00006.jpg

DSC00007.jpg

DSC00010.jpg

DSC00013.jpg

DSC00017.jpg

DSC00018.jpg

DSC00019.jpg

The seats, knob on gas tank access lid, rear tail gate vents, rear tail lights and flat console all say Series I Z. The headlight buckets on both sides appear to show white, which would be expected for a Series I [white fiberglas, not metal buckets] Check the chassis number stamped into the firewall inside the engine compartment above the brake master cylinder. That will tell you if the title is correct. Don't trust the ID panel inside the door jam. It could be an early '71 also.

G

Edited by zgeezer
Add information

The seats, knob on gas tank access lid, rear tail gate vents, rear tail lights and flat console all say Series I Z. The headlight buckets on both sides appear to show white, which would be expected for a Series I [white fiberglas, not metal buckets] Check the chassis number stamped into the firewall inside the engine compartment above the brake master cylinder. That will tell you if the title is correct. Don't trust the ID panel inside the door jam. It could be an early '71 also.

G

All data plate #'s match the stamped # on the firewall and title.

Call the NM DMV and see what they'll require for you to get it titled. if all the plates match the chassis, then you should be able to go off the door plate as to the year. It doesn't look like a bad find for 300, but you'll be spending a little to fix the holes.

BTW: it's good to see you back on here, I've checked your site a couple times looking for updates but I guess you guys have been busy...

Phar

Call the NM DMV and see what they'll require for you to get it titled. if all the plates match the chassis, then you should be able to go off the door plate as to the year. It doesn't look like a bad find for 300, but you'll be spending a little to fix the holes.

BTW: it's good to see you back on here, I've checked your site a couple times looking for updates but I guess you guys have been busy...

Phar

Busy, summer fun, work. The car is in Albq!

My car is a total loss IMO so I might look at it, don't feel up to fixing any rust so I wish my landlord would sell me his 77, its super great, absolutely no visible body rust. obviously the dash is cracked and it has seat covers. From what I've been told (haven't known him long but am most likely going to try to get a job at his gym) is that he is like Mr. Crabs.

Busy, summer fun, work. The car is in Albq!

Nice, Well it's not too bad. there was a $500 dollar car here on craigs that looked pretty decent, cept for the missing fender and hood, but Nelson here has spares he would sell. If you're going to be in ABQ the next albuquerqueZ.com club meeting is this coming thurs.

I'd be pretty afraid of the holes in this one... but it's up to you, and if you're looking to teach the boy about fixing holes.. but again, call the DMV, if you have the title, and a bill of sale, it shouldn't be a big deal. though I'd make the seller come to the DMV with you.

Phar

I don't know if I can make it to the Z meet Thursday. I will try, the same guy with the one missing a fender has one that was wreaked. I called him, am supposed to call him back just haven't got to it yet. I was talking about driving down and looking at that Thursday and then going to the z meet.

EDIT: also the one missing the fender is almost missing a title, I do not know if the silver one does (wreaked one)