HybridZ

SU's won't keep running

Okay well my problem is a confusing one. i took my carbs off yesterday to readjust them for a camping trip i going on, but after awhile of fiddling my car wouldn't start again. I've checked everything; it gets gas, has spark at the rotor and im certain there is gas in the bowl. the problem is that the car seems to not be getting fuel into the carbs themself. does anyone hae some guidance? i pump the pedal, choke everything i can think of and nothing happens. They're 3 screw round tops on my l28

Hi, sounds like you brought the jets up closer to the top of the carb and now you arne't getting any fuel even with the chokes on. I would take the entire air cleaner off and take a look inside where the metering needle is. You car going to have to lower the jet say 4 complete turns from where it is level to the top of the carb. I believe that each lever goes the oposite way to lower the jet to the metering needle. Also, do you have an air tool to balance out the carbs? If so you will need to do that after you get them running too.

hey, thanks i'll try that tomorrow, right now i have them set at the standard 2 full turns down from the top. hope it works... also what should the floats be set to? in the manual its 14mm or .55 in, is that a good gap setting for worn carbs/ floats? i have them now around 1/2 in

Crank the motor over a little bit then pull the float bowl tops off and see what you got fuel wise in the float bowls and go from there. I too tried the 2 full turns out with my worn carbs and had problems so I had to go like 4 turns give and take.