HybridZ

240z fiberglass bumpers took over my summer!!

Yorgee

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Making carbon fiber parts that will be unpainted is quite different from fiberglass. It requires vacuum bagging, and its a tedious task for a DIY'er. Its a fairly simple concept, but put words to work is whole nother thing.

Nice job on the bumper. I really enjoyed straightening my bumpers, and welding them up to get the smooth look of your FG bumper, but it was a hell of a lot of WORK. I still have more to do, it would be impossible to make it straight without removing all the brackets, and I STILL need to remove some brackets and move them! (I have a 73 with the bumper that sticks out) I think I may give this a go one day when I get some other mini-projects out of the way.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Yup, but who actually wants to deal with them?

Also have you heard the horror stories about fitment on them, some say theyve gotten better but again, the prices are high and "who wants to deal with them" defintely comes to mind. Last time i dealt with them i waited almost 6 weeks for a 3k order (because they were waiting on all the parts to be there at the same time) i mean really? Since when do you do that? I know they did it because i already paid and they didnt want to be out the extra 10 bucks to ship a few parts seperately (had the steering wheel i was waiting on sold out from under me twice because after they had it they didnt have a gasket, sold the wheel and got the gasket a week later) talk about not knowing your ass from a hole in the ground.

• 2 weeks later...