HybridZ

tech legal fuel cell placement?

if you have done a fuel cell before tell me what you did to be tech/track legal i got me a 400$ box fuel cell off of summit racing website and i also got the book of regulations for track rules and if i put the fuel cell in a box in the hatch how am i going to fill it as it needs to be sealed completely if its in the car. and if i put it under the car what would i do for a spout im kind of lost here.

whats the best method for talking paint off of a abs plastic airdam.? i got a can of aircraft stripper but some people say not a good idea on plastics.

Generally (check with your local sanctioning body)...

1. Fuel cell bottom needs to be at least 6" off the ground or make sure that if one rear wheel comes off the car is not dragging on the fuel cell.

2. The cell needs to be isolated from the passenger compartment by a metal sheet. Normally its a sheet metal box that covers the top of the cell.

3. A plastic cell needs to be set in a metal box/can to protect it from road debris.

4. All fuel lines running through the passenger compartment need to be hard line or braided stainless.

5. All lines running though bulkheads need to be sealed and grommetted or bulkhead fittings installed.

6. All lines need to be secured.