HybridZ

Just Got My Dream Job

240hoke

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks a lot guys. I am really excited and feel lucky to even have a job lined up right now. A lot of my friends graduating with mechanical engineering degrees are having a hard time getting jobs..much less ones that they enjoy. In todays market it pays to have good work ethic and get good grades.

Racing is an an interesting place now too, some sponsors are drying up and teams have less money while at the same time things are getting A LOT more technically advanced in the Cup World.

Garvice - They are very competitive, especially in this job market, and most teams have excellent benifits as well. It is a lot of work though, everybody there is dedicated to their job and put in many more then 40 hours a week.

Austin,

It is all about finding something you like to keep you interested. I graduated with my IE degree, and decided flying in the Navy was the thing to do. Didn't make as much money as my compatriots but had a lot of fun. I have never looked back and now that I am old :-) I am doing the technical things that I have always loved.

Fred

Thanks alot guys,

Im still really stoked about everything and cant wait to get started...I'm sure these next few months are going to fly by.

Matt - You'd love to see the transport vehicles lol, they have several of the aero trucks you were telling me about.

GrumpyVette - Haha maybe thats my end motivation....except I don't think Ill have much time to work on my own stuff anymore once I start working. But a few years down the road it will be on for my next street car build :)