HybridZ

My first build, LS t56 style!

The last parts will be in my hands by the end of next week and I am about to go on temp. layoff til the next wind turbine jobsite is started so bring on the fun. I will be sending pics of my final engine drop in later next week. I have found ls2 corvette manifolds that I am going to use instead of headers and Im going single 3" with a cutout for the strip. My wiring harness should be in from SSP on wednesday so that will be fun. Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

SSP deleted my vats, I still have power to the injectors after it cranks and starts up. it seems like my throttle body doesnt work, does anyone know if it works when the key is on or just after it starts. it cycles when the key turns on but is non responsive after that.

77turboz: Which part number PCM are you using. From the sounds of it you are using a drive by wire throttle body from a truck? I am using a 0411 PCM as in a 2003 corvette with corvette pedal assy and drive by wire corvette throttle body. Purchased a complete truck harness and (3) truck DBW throttle bodies only to find out that I could not use them with a 0411 PCM. This PCM can be modified to incorporate Roadrunner which allows tuning on the fly with EFI Live hardware/software.

i am using the 411 ecm with the corvette throttle body, truck pedal and tac module. SSP Wiring is who set me up this way. Is there something wrong with this or not?

My guess is your problem is due to you miss-matching parts from two different DBW systems.

You'll prob have to use the truck DBW TB to get everything working like it should.

77turboz: I purchased a Truck PCM, Truck Pedal, Truck TAC module and the original harness for same and can tell you that the 0411 PCM DOES need a TAC module and Pedal Assy for the 2003 corvette. The pedal assy is likely available on Ebay and the TAC module (differs from the truck module) is available at Pace Performance and GMpartsdirect.com. Go to Pace Performance and get the part number of the module and compare prices with GMpartsdirect.com. The corvette pedal harness connects to the corvette TAC module. I had a harness built specifically for this installation and have already gone through some of the head aches.

77turboz: The gas pedal assy is available on Ebay as item number 150376042767. The TAC module part number 12578953 is available from GMpartsdirect.com for $206.37 and from Pace Performance for $283.91. These items along with the corvette electronic throttle body will work together with the 0411 PCM. Now the question remains, is your harness correct. If need be I can send wiring data on this hookup if you need. If not go back to SSP wiring and have them make it correct.

so your sure the truck throttle body, truck tac module, truck pedal arent compatible with the 411 pcm. I will just send back the module and pedal and have them send me the correct stuff. I dont know why they would send that stuff if it absolutely wont work with the 411. Thanks, I will let you guys know one way or the other.

• 3 months later...

Ok, well its been a while but everything is fixed now. I am running the 411 pcm, 04 truck tb, 04 truck pedal and module, and SSP wiring harness and all is well. They figured out that the pedal was no good and the tb I bought on ebay for 30 was no good (go figure, damn I hate my cheap ass). So now, Im awaiting my new tb so I can get rid of a nasty idle hunt problem. Then, she will be good to go. Im gettin 4k back on my taxes so all is well here. My brother is doin all the work on my car now that Im stuck in the Great White North of North Dakota. Soon as I get some time off, Im gonna get back home and drive this beast again. I have already driven it once, but it was icy so I couldnt discover the true potential yet. But man, is this thing fast. I think I do have a slight grind in 5th gear though. The tranny was rebuilt so it may just be my shotty shiftin. As soon as I get new pics I will post them up. Thanks, Drew

• 4 weeks later...

Ok, time to update. Parts are starting to fly in and heads are rolling. I got the car tagged, Im waiting on my personalized tags to come in. I came home from ND to do a little work on the car last weekend. We found what was causing the issues. The computer is picking up a funny pulse from the speed sensor. I unplugged the vss and now it idles just fine. I figured it out when the car would only idle hunt when moving, disappear when stopped, then come back again when moving. I have no idea what is causing it yet, ssp thinks that there is a mechanical problem..... I think the screwed up the tune. Either way, they have no idea. Well, they did have some ideas but they were bs. They thought that I had a ford or dodge speed reluctor ring. Checked yesterday when a snapring came off the mainshaft and caused 6th gear to stick. The reluctor has 17 teeth which is normal, no chipped teeth or anything :rolleyes: (another idea of theirs) so Im back to the drawing board. For now, I will just leave it unplugged. I bought an electric water pump to eliminate my belt issue. Now, I have an alternator only setup, which looks sweet. My bro is getting the exhaust done at the local shop, went with a warlock bypass muffler. I should have went bigger since I plan on going turbo later but for now, this will do. I also bought a full set of gauges, they look great. Im not sure what is in store for the body, I have a little rust over the rear wheels so I was contemplating going with a IMSA widebody kit but not sure if thats what Im going for with this project. Other than that, hopefully pics will follow soon. And a video of the exhaust. Thanks for watchin......

• 3 weeks later...

Just another update with bad news. I have been able to drive the car for the last few weeks with no problems, even had the electric water pump workin good. Then all of a sudden, the pedal quit. SSP thinks it was this or that, but I finally just told them I want it back to cable drive. They are sending me a whole new cable drive setup. Thank god they finally admitted it wasnt going to work right. So now I will be cable driven. I will be trying to get the car dyno tuned in a few weeks after I get the bugs worked out.

Video

• 3 weeks later...

Ok time for an update. I was a little hard on SSP on the last few posts, I can only blame myself for getting on the forum right after I find somethin goin array. To give credit to SSP, they do have really sweet prices. That is the reason I chose them. That, and I really liked how their business is set up. They are a small business mainly focused on LS1 hot rods, can you say sweet? Anyways, they have done nothing but help me out and I feel bad looking back about what I said. They got the harness I sent them, turns out one of the pins on the tac harness pulled out, the connector was broken when I got it though. They did offer to replace it after I sent it in, but I hope they understand what I have been going through. I just want to drive my car, so if I can get rid of a few extra parts that can go bad, Im going to. And for the record, if I were to do it all over, I would still go to SSP. Only I would probably just get the drive by cable harness just for simplicity in my case. Hope nobody has been turned away from SSP because of me. That would be a shame, this country needs more small business just like SSP to get us back on top. Anyways, back to your regular scheduled program. And I am in no way bein paid for this, I really mean it.

Now for the good stuff. My brother is just about ready to start the paint work on my car. I got the gauges in, but forgot to take pics..... DOH. I went with Autometer and another similar gauge. They match pretty well, Im cheap what can I say? I also bought a new rear bumper to match the rest of the body kit that the car came with, dont ask me why the rear bumper was missing. I also worked on the exhaust a little, my bro tried to use the tri flange that came on the headers originally but it didnt work so well so I got vband clamps and flanges so now they will seal good and shouldnt leak a bit. I need pics but forgot my camera. As soon as SSP get my dbc harness to me, my bro should be able to get my baby wipped back into shape. It sucks that I wasnt able to drive her last weekend when I went home, but I probably wouldve broke something anyways. Well, I out. Thanks

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

first real drag race. 12.97 was the fastest pass I made. That was with tire spin through first and second and a horrible launch. BONE STOCK 5.3l l33......... take that ls1 trans am... lol

Next step, TRACTION.

I found a 94 q45 at the local pick and pull and grabbed the whole subframe for $90 bucks with low miles. I plan on running the entire rear subframe with cobra r 17x10.5 wheels on the street with supra 16x9 with slicks for the track. I think thats my best plan. Guess I better be nice to those 315s on the street....

The picture is of BRAAPs for sale post but I figure he wont mind. Thats the same setup I will be running soon. I also plan on running the imsa widebody kit.

Turbo is eventually in my future so I will be needing all this.

Thanks for watching.

post-6250-12763468818885_thumb.jpg

Edited by 77turboz