HybridZ

Another Z Painted

jgautosport

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love the colour, I had the same idea but after several hours of debating I have decided to go with red instead just for the fact that I don't want to attract too much attention to law enforcement :)

Thats the first thing I've heard after I painted it. Its going to be a weekend car for me, so Im not too concerned. Im sure besides the color, the flares, mirrors, and wheels (when I get them, the RB-R's will get attention anyways.

The Black paint was from The Kustom Shop. Its on the same page as the link I posted for the guns I used.

Thats the first thing I've heard after I painted it. Its going to be a weekend car for me, so Im not too concerned. Im sure besides the color, the flares, mirrors, and wheels (when I get them, the RB-R's will get attention anyways.

The Black paint was from The Kustom Shop. Its on the same page as the link I posted for the guns I used.

My 260 is bright orange, and it gets a lot of looks from the authorities. So many looks that I need to quiet my exhaust so they don't have a reason to pull my attention hungry orange z :)

great looking paint job, I plan on having my second hood being black to achieve the same look!

• 7 months later...

I purchased the same spray kit as you did. I bought it back in November but have yet to use it. Now that I am in a place where I can paint it though, hopefully I will put tem to use soon. How well did the guns work for you? Also I do not have a compressor as of yet and am in the market to buy one. I wantto get one big enough to spray the car but not one too giant seeing as I am renting and will hve to move it again eventually when I purchase a house. What size compressor and tank would you suggest to run these guns? I know I could search and find my awnser but I figured I'd shoot you the question since you have used the exact guns that I have. Thanks

I just saw this and my heart skipped a beat, that orange looks almost exactly like my car! Great job on that paint! I love an orange/matte black Z...

Z208.jpg

Mine was my first paint job too, although my wetsanding wasn't nearly as successful. I couldn't get all the orange peel out without going through to primer. I'll be shooting it again within the next year once I do my sunroof delete, this time with a clearcoat. May also rent a booth next time so I can have better climate control, I think the weather got too cold when I shot my color.

Keep up the good work!

I just saw this and my heart skipped a beat, that orange looks almost exactly like my car! Great job on that paint! I love an orange/matte black Z...

Z208.jpg

Mine was my first paint job too, although my wetsanding wasn't nearly as successful. I couldn't get all the orange peel out without going through to primer. I'll be shooting it again within the next year once I do my sunroof delete, this time with a clearcoat. May also rent a booth next time so I can have better climate control, I think the weather got too cold when I shot my color.

Keep up the good work!

Thanks, My car is your cars twin, you got great taste :)

I purchased the same spray kit as you did. I bought it back in November but have yet to use it. Now that I am in a place where I can paint it though, hopefully I will put tem to use soon. How well did the guns work for you? Also I do not have a compressor as of yet and am in the market to buy one. I wantto get one big enough to spray the car but not one too giant seeing as I am renting and will hve to move it again eventually when I purchase a house. What size compressor and tank would you suggest to run these guns? I know I could search and find my awnser but I figured I'd shoot you the question since you have used the exact guns that I have. Thanks

I had great results, very impressed myself. I plan on getting another kit since I got lazy after I painted the car and didnt clean them. I was just happy the car was done. I used a Craftsman 30 gal compressor. The air was regulated from the tank and at the gun. I cant remember the pressures but just check the tech sheets for the guns and paint. I would probably not recommend anything smaller than that on the compressor, I dont know if the pressure change would make the paint uneven from not having enough air.

Keep up the good work!

Do the sunrooof delete, you would love it. if you want some pics on how i did mine, check out my page Roof Swap

I have no ac and it does get hot but I like the roofline better without it.

Edited by jgautosport

wow your car looks amazing. congratulation! :D

What size wheels are tires are you running and are you still on stock suspensions?

Thanks! the wheels are 16x8 centerlines with a +12 offset. I had to use a 5mm spacer upfront due to the lower spring perch. I used longer studs in front for the spacer. Stock suspension, just tokico blues and msa lowering springs. Im waiting till I can get the Rota RB's till I lower it more. Im hoping I wont have to though

Tire size is 215/45/16 in front and 225/40/16 in the rear.(they were on my 240sx)