HybridZ

Innovate LC-1, Dual Wideband Output?

Guest Rolling Parts

Guest Rolling Parts

Can you configure the Innovate LC-1 from DIYAUTOTUNE to run both a stand-alone WB gauge AND a second out for WB to a MSII?

The documentation says LC-1 Brown is WB and the LC-1 Yellow is a "simulated narrow band". What I want in to have both outputs as WB so the MS can use it and I can use the gauge full time just to monitor.

Is it doable? I'm not finding a heck of a lot of info on the Innovate site for that kind of setup.

Thanks for any info!

Guest Rolling Parts
Both channels are configurable and can output two WB's, two NB's, a combination of the two, or even custom curves.

Great. Thanks!

I just downloaded LM Programmer 3.25

I'm assuming that all I need to do is:

1) Connect the laptop to LC-1 Serial Out with the DB-9

2) Put the terminator on Serial in

3) Start LM Programmer 3.25

4) Power up the car and select Comm1

5) Look at & copy Analog 2 settings (the default WB settings)

6) Set the Analog 1 to those settings from Analog 2 above

7) Click the "program" button and then close it all out and power all off and disconnect the laptop & terminator.

Then I'll connect the WB02 wire from my MSII to the Yellow Analog 1 and I should have the same input to MSII and I'll show on the digital gauge.

I'll give it a shot.

Thanks.

What WB gauge are you using?

I thought the special thing about innovates gauges is that they connected to the LC-1 via it's interface, not it's outputs.

Also, when using the LC-1 with MS, you have to change the output to 10:1=0v and 20:1=5v for it to match up with the basic LC-1 configuration I believe.

Guest Rolling Parts
What WB gauge are you using?

I thought the special thing about innovates gauges is that they connected to the LC-1 via it's interface, not it's outputs.

Also, when using the LC-1 with MS, you have to change the output to 10:1=0v and 20:1=5v for it to match up with the basic LC-1 configuration I believe.

I'm using the LC-1 and the blue digital gauge; both from DIY:

http://www.diyautotune.com/catalog/innovate-standalone-gauge-kit-lc1-blue-gauge-p-153.html

From reading at DIY, they no longer recommend custom settings:

"How do I configure MegaTune for the Innovate LC-1 or LM-1 / LM-2?

For a long time we guided customers on how to re-program their LC-1 / LM-1 / LM-2 to output a slightly different signal from default. The goal of this was to increase the resolution of the signal in the range of AFR most users will spend their time in. What we had recommended was to program the output you were using to send a signal that represented a 10-20:1 AFR from 0-5v. While in theory this is great and does increase resolution a bit, in practice it's not really needed and is probably more trouble than it's worth for most users. The benefit of this is almost immeasurable, so going forward we recommend leaving the analog outputs on your LC-1 / LM-1 / LM-2 at their default settings. Then to configure your MegaSquirt to talk to your LC-1 / LM-1 / LM-2 do the following:

• First in the MegaTune Configurator you need to select Innovate Default.
  • Then in the MegaTune EGO settings select 'wideband sensor'. Later you can come back and use the MegaManual to tune the rest of the settings on this page.
  • Lastly (and only for MS-II users, MS-I can skip this) you’ll want to go to TOOLS>Calibrate AFR Table and choose the Innovate Default setting and click OK, this will calibrate your MS2 to read the LC-1 / LM-1 / LM-2 properly."

• 2 weeks later...