HybridZ

Why do import guys have stufed animals/dolls on their exhaust?

stravi757

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Speakin' of those truck nuts (they're popular around these parts), my buddies were joking that I should put a pair on the Z to drag on the pavement.

And the conversation eventually turned into discussing how likely the market would accept a similar product for the females. I won't discuss marketing names as many would find it offesive i'm sure (and i've got better tact than that.) :D

My Great uncle Guido was the one Grandpa never talked about.

He was NOT like the 'guidos' above.

If he pointed at you... well let's just say Tony Soprano had to be role modeled after someone. And being associated with the 'dark people' was something respectable insurance salesmen, legitimate businessmen did not wish to happen.

And as for hanging stuffed animals, I tend to recall a lot of people in the USA in the 80's with Stuffed Animals strapped into their cars...

Maybe they needed room, and when you stuck them outside in the rain, strapped them to the exhaust, they shrunk?

Mine are still on the front seat, belted in as always. Mr. Whiskers is my constant companion...

My Great uncle Guido was the one Grandpa never talked about.

He was NOT like the 'guidos' above.

If he pointed at you... well let's just say Tony Soprano had to be role modeled after someone. And being associated with the 'dark people' was something respectable insurance salesmen, legitimate businessmen did not wish to happen.

And as for hanging stuffed animals, I tend to recall a lot of people in the USA in the 80's with Stuffed Animals strapped into their cars...

Maybe they needed room, and when you stuck them outside in the rain, strapped them to the exhaust, they shrunk?

Mine are still on the front seat, belted in as always. Mr. Whiskers is my constant companion...

I hear yah Tony. My Grandma Anne and her 12 siblings were all part of that. Never would have thought it now that they're all old or dead but when Dad was a teenager he got to see all sorts of stuff. :shock: People owing money and threatening to take fingers, hands, legs, etc blah blah blah. For whatever its worth, Grandma Anne's madden name was Annie Spallone and apparently Caldwell, New Jersey was part of the TV series too. :icon56:

As far as generations go, that stuff that we see on TV and such was cool back then but now I'm glad no one else got involved. I believe there was a documentary on the Mafia on the history channel and to sum things up, back then drugs were not to be sold for "business". It was a dirty thing, a poison, if you wouldn't give your kids it then why are you making a living off of it. After a series of events that changed and selling drugs became a main source. Of course with the drugs came more violence and all sorts of ****. Whatever is left of the mob is probably tangled up in some sort of crazy stuff that I doubt anyone would want to be a part of.

"if you wouldn't give your kids it then why are you making a living off of it"

Yep, Booze, Gambling, and Hooers... all wholesome 'family values' kind of things for legitimate businessmen to engage in...all 'service businesses'...LOL

:P

There is a difference between drug cartel and mobster, I just don't really know how to word it. I guess if I were to pull something out of my ass right now it would be that one is sloppy and the other one I picture being the "business man", gentleman type. Don't get me wrong, drugs are all over the place in todays world but when I think of a town thats deep into drug sales and stuff I think of like a slum with high crime and stuff. When I think of the mob and stuff I picture a town that has people who know their place in society, know the consequences, and even though some stuff is illegal and that the mob isn't necesarily doing the "right" thing, the town was kept safe and the people knew they would be taken care of. A good example would be when my parents got married they were told if they wanted to spend some time in Atlantic City to go gambling they could and they would be "taken care of" if you get my drift. Just one of those things where family takes care of family.

:P

There is a difference between drug cartel and mobster, I just don't really know how to word it.... when I think of a town thats deep into drug sales and stuff I think of like a slum with high crime and stuff....

You must realize that that area is the bottom of that distribution chain.

The endpoint of general sale.

The real "Dons" wouldn't have anything to do with that particular area. They operate far higher on the distribution chain. A dime? pssh.

You don't sling a quantity of stuff to support that lifestyle down on the corner.

The big players buy wholesale and break it down for distribution. No dirtying of hands, or spending any time in the ghetto. That's straight up business.

Remember the original reason for formation of the organization...

To keep Sicilian women pure during the moorish conquests. A 'protection' racket in the purest sense of the word.

From there, well, how shall I put it?

"They Digressed"

LOL