HybridZ

carb vs efi vs hybrid

I am trying to decide between fuel injecting my 280z, using the single holley carb, or using a hybrid with dual su manifolds connected to two throttle bodies and the injectors in the manifold. The FI or hybrid method I will use with megasquirt. I just love the way a carbureted engine looks, and the stock efi looks horrible.

I disagree :D

100_2472.jpg

With a little cleanup it's not bad.

So what is your question here by the way? And couldn't you have just kept your EFI Carb thread going?

*edit* I just looked at your profile - you have 17 posts and have started 7 threads. Maybe read more and post less? All your questions have been covered.

I think your decision is largely going to be decided by how much you are willing to spend. I think triple sidedrafts are gorgeous, as well as ITB's, however, they're the upper echelon of price for both carbs and FI respectively. If you've got the money to spend than they're great, look awesome, sound even better. But for all around tunability you cant easily beat a megasquirt setup even on the stock manifold. But if you really like teh carbs, than a good set of well setup SU's is hard to beat. It'll have slightly less mileage than a super well setup fi, but it's all in the tuning from there.

I think your decision is largely going to be decided by how much you are willing to spend. I think triple sidedrafts are gorgeous, as well as ITB's, however, they're the upper echelon of price for both carbs and FI respectively. If you've got the money to spend than they're great, look awesome, sound even better. But for all around tunability you cant easily beat a megasquirt setup even on the stock manifold. But if you really like teh carbs, than a good set of well setup SU's is hard to beat. It'll have slightly less mileage than a super well setup fi, but it's all in the tuning from there.

Im referring to stock efi.

And as far as the visual aspect goes this wins:

http://www.arizonazcar.com/manifold.html