HybridZ

Chrome euro bumpers - what're they worth?

Hey guys,

I was thinking of selling the chrome bumpers on my '73. I guess they're euro bumpers because they don't have the plastic trim? I know at least the front one was NOS as it still has the Nissan label on the inside. The front has a small indent in the center from my engine crane but could probably be bent back. The rear has some oxidation from sitting. In other words, they're not concours-ready, but they're in really nice shape. What do you think they'd be worth, roughly?

Here's the best pics I got currently:

Picture010.jpg

Picture029.jpg

It's hard to say. I sold a semi euro rear bumper in awesome shape for $102 on fleabay about 2 years ago, and the next week watch a similar, worse condition rear bumper go for over $200 and it wasn't euro at all.

I'd say at a minimum $100 each. Why sell them? It looks great with them.

If you fixed these and rechromed them you could probably get a bunch of money.

There's a company that is making stainless repros and they list for like $1000.00(!)

I noticed that, hehe, that's why I was kinda wondering.... I guess I'd have to get them refinished in order to ask for any decent amount.... I was just wondering if it would be enough to offset the cost of a set of carbon or even fiberglass bumpers

Can you really call the stock ones bumpers? I mean other than maybe something there for when you're inching along, most any kind of impact will crush those too. I mean just about every one I've seen for sale on ebay lately all have dents in them. I bought a set of the fiberglass bumpers though. They seem nice. I ended up buying them because it was alot cheaper than what people were trying to get for a single "ok" condition front or rear bumper.

• 4 weeks later...