HybridZ

Beginner 240z 2jz

PA240

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This section of this post was a total engine identification fail on my part. Im editing it out because I feel like an ar-tard now...

I can only ask that you document it well and keep us updated. Keep up with the through work and awesome care that you're giving that S30.

hahaha, a 1JZ? Nice, this is the exact swap that I was hoping to undertake, so I will definitely be following this build.

I can only ask that you document it well and keep us updated. Keep up with the through work and awesome care that you're giving that S30.

That's an RB25.

Yes its an Rb25det. I got it from a guy that was going to put it in his 240sx. He replaced the watterpump, timing belt, idler, and tensioner. Everything looks to be in good shape. The intake is a gredy knock off. The trans is from an rb20 and it has a b&m short shifter.

The frame rails are just about done. We decided to cut out the trunk to mount a fuel cell and battery box.

Here are some more photos of the motor. I'm not totally sure what its out of. Maybe someone can help?

IMG_0002.jpg

IMG_0004.jpg

This is the underside of the intake with the accvalve, air regulator and water pipe. I had to open up the holes out on the water pipe a bit. Now everything fits nicely.

IMG_0006.jpg?t=1264550695

Here you can see a coolant line that needed to be plugged. (near the thermostat)

IMG_0008.jpg?t=1264550925

Frame rails

IMG_0010.jpg?t=1264551023

rear sub frame connection

IMG_0015.jpg?t=1264551093

the rb25's are nice and powerful motors. proven over and over like the 2jz. lol on switching motors and reason why i'm not documenting my build here since i don't know what kind of deals i will be coming across. however i have already welded in my 2jz cross member so no turning back on that. rb25-26 was next on my mind also and they do come across a lot!!!

that is a clean rear sub frame connector. wish i had the tools for that but i doubt i will need it. i might just get under there and start hacking it up too when i have nothing else to mod.

• 2 weeks later...