HybridZ

Had a rude awakening

dr_hunt

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BOOM!

Click Click, BOOM Click Click, BOOM Click Click, BOOM Click Click, BOOM!

"Nothing Honey, just taking out the trash!"

The thing that is disgusting is if someone did that, they would be the one in trouble.

There needs to be a law allowing societally transgressive idiots to be culled from the human herd whilst in someone's home unannounced and uninvited without repercussions upon the culler...

"Ted Nugent is my Hero"

Good to hear you got out of that vertical, Dr. Hunt. This is very bad, indeed. I don't know that I would be so charitable. Then again, I don't investigate with a .22, either...

Glad you're not in irons. Hopefully he will be. I could think of a better, cheaper solution...but it's 'morally reprehensible' or so I'm told by 'civilized' people...

Doc, WOW! I am very relieved that you guys are ok! I bet if you cruise around town, you will find him, let the cops get him though, we don't need to be missing an admin here.

Was Bryce home at the time? I bet he was scared as well. The dog definitely deserves a steak. Take care and let us know if you hear anything.

There needs to be a law allowing societally transgressive idiots to be culled from the human herd whilst in someone's home unannounced and uninvited without repercussions upon the culler...

Used to be, now we are more civilized,,,,I think.

"Ted Nugent is my Hero"

Yep.

The thing that is disgusting is if someone did that, they would be the one in trouble.

Here in Texas we just drag the body back in the house and then call the cops.

Be glad you missed him, man. If you have hit him, or had killed him once he exited your home, you would be in jail, at least if you leave in KY or TN. here, the castle laws are such that if you shoot him, and he makes it out of your house, you are responsible for what happens to him. If you shoot him, and he's in your house when the cops show up, it's fine, the castle laws protect you.

Makes B&E a less common thing around where I live, since people know that the homeowners with guns are shooting to kill. Really, the people who do get broken into usually make a big deal in public about how they don't own guns beforehand, and it's kids who break in.

We had put all the guns in the safe before we left for england and like we were lazy in getting our 2 handguns that we sleep with out of the safe and back under the pillows.

You don't make a move when someone has the drop on you while in your house, simple as that. Buddy did his job and is a hero in my eyes as it changed the situation completely and probably saved me and yes he got a t-bone all to himself. Also he wasn't going to shoot when he said he would, people that shoot just shoot, they dont talk about it first so I wasn't all that worried. The first thing that came to my mind was "I know you" and that's what I said. He's around, cops won't do anything anyway since it doesn't generate income in these tough times, they'd rather write tickets.

But I have lots of bigger guns, big enought to shoot through the wall, a perp, and off into never land make no mistake about that.

In NM it doesn't matter if I would of shot him in the house, in the yard, coming or going, armed robbery and assault with a deadly weapon is a felony and you can shoot felons in the process of committing a crime and certainly on your own property here in NM. Cops said to shoot him next time. If I did you can bet he wouldn't be talking and it'd take awhile to get all the empty cases rounded up.

It is hard to describe the feeling you get with a perp pointing a gun in your face inside your home. Really, it's not a good feeling and something the movies have failed to capture. Honestly I hope nobody has to experience that feeling, it is truly a life changing event. Mind you that this isn't the first time I have experienced it, but it is the first time in my home. I have seen alot of drunk people waving guns around in my life not to be scared, but in your home is completely different. It is easy to reckognize when the situation is serious, but luckily I had backup the time before and although he drew first I had someone to back me up, which changes things and makes people think about what they are doing. Oddly enough the other time it was the number 2 man in the NM national guard trespassing while hunting on my land who pointed his deer rifle at me, but my ex military buddy came up from behind him and diffused the situation rather quickly.

It is hard to describe the feeling you get with a perp pointing a gun in your face inside your home. Really, it's not a good feeling and something the movies have failed to capture.

Pissed off pretty much covered it for me when 2 guys in ski masks came in and one held me up against the wall with an air pistol while the other took off with my flatmates $5K flat screen jumbo size LCD TV.

Not as nasty a weapon as a powder burner, but those little airguns are easier to get here in NZ where pistols are banned outside of pistol club premises, and they can still send a pellet through a tin can, flesh wouldn't be a problem even if not likely to be fatal.

Must be a bit more pants staining to have something like a .45 pointed at one than a .177

Around here most home alarms are "false alarms" (due to weather, idiot owners, pets, etc) so the local cops put it on the lowest priority and respond only if there is an associated call. Even 911 operators ask dumb stuff that wastes your time before sending anyone out to check.

Armed intruders only fear armed residents.

picture.php?albumid=188&pictureid=1410

IMG%5D

More than you might think are adrenaline junkies and like the thrill.

Here's my set up. Two very xenophobic dogs, whose only mission in life is to announce every person that sets foot on our side of the fence. An alarm system that triggers three very loud (in excess of 100db) warblers (one mounted outside on the roof and the the other two inside the house). A mylar film is applied on the inside of all outside windows [reduces entry by brick thowers]; Secured walk in closet with steel framed "art" door with a mirror. Cell phone in charger in closet. Sometime in the next few months, I'll lay in four CostCo cheap computer cameras all wired back to a laptop in the closet.

Two ex-CHP Remington 18" 12 gauges with #9 buck. There is substantial recoil here which I believe should also translate to substantial impact on the other end.

Short barrelled 12 gauges with buck WILL leave a mark on both the target and you.

Finally, practice, practice, practice. None of this is worth a damn if you can't or don't have and implement The Plan.

Finally, taking a shot at the puke as it leaves is not wise: if you hit him in the backside, you'll be answering questions. If it survives the hit, you'll be answering questions. If you don't know where your round is going, you don't pull the trigger.

G from Fort Apache CA

Dude's first im glad your ok Dr Hunt second go buy your self a pursuader 12 gauge with buck shot you wont miss again and for deliriousZ their is alot of home invasion and some that ends up with murder in our province so its not like the whole Canadia is safe . IMO

We had put all the guns in the safe before we left for england and like we were lazy in getting our 2 handguns that we sleep with out of the safe and back under the pillows.

You don't make a move when someone has the drop on you while in your house, simple as that. Buddy did his job and is a hero in my eyes as it changed the situation completely and probably saved me and yes he got a t-bone all to himself. Also he wasn't going to shoot when he said he would, people that shoot just shoot, they dont talk about it first so I wasn't all that worried. The first thing that came to my mind was "I know you" and that's what I said. He's around, cops won't do anything anyway since it doesn't generate income in these tough times, they'd rather write tickets.

But I have lots of bigger guns, big enought to shoot through the wall, a perp, and off into never land make no mistake about that.

In NM it doesn't matter if I would of shot him in the house, in the yard, coming or going, armed robbery and assault with a deadly weapon is a felony and you can shoot felons in the process of committing a crime and certainly on your own property here in NM. Cops said to shoot him next time. If I did you can bet he wouldn't be talking and it'd take awhile to get all the empty cases rounded up.

It is hard to describe the feeling you get with a perp pointing a gun in your face inside your home. Really, it's not a good feeling and something the movies have failed to capture. Honestly I hope nobody has to experience that feeling, it is truly a life changing event. Mind you that this isn't the first time I have experienced it, but it is the first time in my home. I have seen alot of drunk people waving guns around in my life not to be scared, but in your home is completely different. It is easy to reckognize when the situation is serious, but luckily I had backup the time before and although he drew first I had someone to back me up, which changes things and makes people think about what they are doing. Oddly enough the other time it was the number 2 man in the NM national guard trespassing while hunting on my land who pointed his deer rifle at me, but my ex military buddy came up from behind him and diffused the situation rather quickly.

Next time, nightscope ;)