HybridZ

EDIS mounting parts available

Derek

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Well it's working on mine but that probably doesn't count!

Does the COP use the ford edis control box or just the sensor?

If it doesn't and you have the edis wheel set up like the picture in my instructions http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=153367

then the problem is in the Megasquirt. If it does use the EDIS brain then it sould run in limp mode with the Megasquirt disconnected.

Derek

Its just the sensor, running direct fire COP. Are you using the sensor only? If so can you send me a pic of your trigger wheel / ignition settings just for reference?

I set it up as your instructions provided just haven't touched it in months and forgot what I was doing ;) It's "working" but the timing is just way off, not sure if it was my error or just settings.

Thanks! :D

Its just the sensor, running direct fire COP. Are you using the sensor only? If so can you send me a pic of your trigger wheel / ignition settings just for reference?

I set it up as your instructions provided just haven't touched it in months and forgot what I was doing ;) It's "working" but the timing is just way off, not sure if it was my error or just settings.

Thanks! :D

If you set up your edis wheel like this illustration the timing will be very close. If it isn't then the problem is in how you have Megasquirt set up.

triggerwheellayout.jpg

The key-way which lines up with the damper bolts is at the 12 o'clock position and notice the relationship between the missing tooth and the sensor. You can mount the wheel backwards and this would throw things out of whack. I can't rember. are you using a laser cut wheel or did I modify an ford wheel for you.

Derek

Ok wheel is setup PERFECTLY, i double checked everything today.

I set MS to 50 degrees BTDC for the #1 tooth (i'm assuming this is correct, 5 tooth * 10 degrees each tooth).

I set MS to fixed timing of 10 degrees, get the timing light on the wheel and the mark is nowhere to be seen when the engine is idling.

I can play with the tooth angle to get the TDC mark to line up, but the math is not correct somewhere.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hope to see another set of these made soon.

Your wish is my command!

Alright I'm going to be knocking out another 8 setups. Those with the first dibs are according to the date they contacted me. 

PrOxLaMuS

EvilC

280zNHChris

attyoung911

ashintar

ModernS30

If your on this list please let me know your status. 

Derek

How much is it again? I have cash but I will pretty much be blowing it all if I buy this setup. I need to have my car running by the 7th. Right now it is bare. Not sure it's really in my greatest interest. I wanted it, I still really do, but its what, 175 plus 15 for the timing mark bracket thing? I have a deal that will work my timing advance/retard etc. I would need coil packs, heck I even have a VR sensor if I can get use for it. Would really help clean up my wiring mess. HMMMMM... How long will it be before the sets are finished/taking payment? I am going to need to buy some doors and they are 50 a piece at the yard I plan to go to.

Thank you for update,

I will pass on mine, I am going SDS system, this will hopefully make room for next guy,

Thank you making these for us Datsun guys

ote name='ModernS30' date='16 April 2010 - 07:38 PM' timestamp='1271471931' post='860812']

How much is it again? I have cash but I will pretty much be blowing it all if I buy this setup. I need to have my car running by the 7th. Right now it is bare. Not sure it's really in my greatest interest. I wanted it, I still really do, but its what, 175 plus 15 for the timing mark bracket thing? I have a deal that will work my timing advance/retard etc. I would need coil packs, heck I even have a VR sensor if I can get use for it. Would really help clean up my wiring mess. HMMMMM... How long will it be before the sets are finished/taking payment? I am going to need to buy some doors and they are 50 a piece at the yard I plan to go to.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Sorry for the necropost, but I am curious if this is still available. I would like to edis up my track car over the winter, but sourcing a damper with a reluctor is a little tricky. It is a race engine, so I only need 1 pulley.

I have them in stock but don't forget they only fit this damper.

c2678ac9.jpg

Derek