HybridZ

GTR CLSD + CV driveshaft

240zdan

I am about to put a r32 GTR lsd into my 240z. Has anyone here utilized the stock GTR driveshaft? It has a U joint on one end and CV joint on the end that goes to the diff. Does anyone know what type of angles are necesarry to make it work? I want to use all the GTR components and avoid swapping the companion flange with a Q45, plus I think a CV joint would equal to a smoother running drivetrain.

I was going to use the Z31 yoke on the tranny side and the GTR cv on the other side and get a custom retube done on the dhaft specific to my length, but im just unsure about what angles are required. is it the same parallel rule or does the diff have to be inline with the tranny and pointing straight at it?

Do you have the diff already installed? How are you doing the 1/2 shafts? That diff has the 6 bolt star pattern on the diff input stubs correct?

Wish I could answer you drive shaft question. I also have a complete 89 R32 GT-R rear suspension drop, along with the D/S like you described...

The R32 input flange comes off, will try swapping it with the one off my open r200 or get a q45 one if needed.

The rear axles are already figured out. Im talking about the rear driveshaft. It uses a cv instead of a u joint.

Got it all figured out though. Will start the fabrication this week.

I know its pricey and this question was geared towards the drive shaft but are you using the techno tuning rear struts? the way i understand it you should be able to buy there kit and use the complete ttt rear setup and the rear suspension out of a gtr with shortened axles will bolt in.

Once again to clear the confusion. I am talking about the rear driveshaft that runs down the middle of the car. The skyline gtr uses a cv joint on one end. In fact, the driveshaft is actually two piece. Driveline angles cannot be set the same as a u jointed shaft in this case. It only has a cv on ONE end.

I already have this all figured out. Will post pics of the install once its done.

I am not purchasing anythign here. Making everythign myself except for maybe the shortening of the rear axles. Depends if I can use the rotary table at work or not.

Well like stated, the flange can be swapped out for a regular one, whether or not this is confirmable I will find out. Otherwise it appears to be a regular shortnose r200. I am using 4 GTR rear cvs and will be ordering the MOOser axles. The rest of the stuff is pretty straight forward. Redrilled rear mustahce bar, custom front diff mount, Companion flange adaptors for the rear ( I have a set ready to be welded up which i have machined, just need to find 280z companion flanges to match my 280z stubs) and custom driveshaft

I cant wait to get this thing in! 4.11 and factory low milage LSD!

As soon as it goes in im taking it to the industrial area by my house and laying down some SERIOUS rubber!!!!!!

• 3 months later...