Progress pics - JDM Z32 tails on my S130; could use some photoshop help as well

zeeboost

Yay or nay on the taillights?  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Yay or nay on the taillights?

• Looks interesting - I can't wait to see it finished
    • Meh, maybe it will grow on me...I'll give it some time first
    • BURN IT!! SEND IT BACK TO HELL!!!

Zeeboost, Hey, what shop do you have your car in at. I am just over in Bedford and would like to see it in person if possible. I am interested to see how the lights were mounted. I meant no offense in my post, and agree with your last post as it is pretty much what I was trying to say about Dan's car.

Oh, and i think you need at least 3 more Z projects. :) I can barely keep up with the one I have!

Let me know if you bring it up here at any point, or really any of your Z's for that matter, they all sound cool! If I remember right you go to UTA which is 20 min from me. There are quite a few of us in the area with v8 Z's that need to get together. Good luck with your project. I think if you are going to chop up this car, go all the way with it! Do the pantera hatch and a wing and maybe some slightly squared flares to match the body and just make a crazy looking beast out of it. :)

Let me know if you bring it up here at any point, or really any of your Z's for that matter, they all sound cool! If I remember right you go to UTA which is 20 min from me. There are quite a few of us in the area with v8 Z's that need to get together. Good luck with your project. I think if you are going to chop up this car, go all the way with it! Do the pantera hatch and a wing and maybe some slightly squared flares to match the body and just make a crazy looking beast out of it. :)

I'll let you know when I get the s130 up here. As soon as it comes out of the shop, I'm still planning on replacing the carb'd v8 with a megasquirted LT1, so it may still take some time.

I currently have my 240zt up here, but you'll probably be seeing it on craigslist soon :-(

Sparks, I haven't been in Austin in a couple of weeks, but may be going down there this next weekend. I took a couple of photos of the car, but couldn't get any good angles of the rear, since it was at the end of the day, and mine was surrounded by all the other cars they're working on.

Let me know if you are going to go to any car events in the area and i will do my best to get my car out there too. I also am anxiously awaiting pictures to see how it turned out. Sorry you hear you might be selling one, but based on your signature, I assume you have a few to spare. Hit the local Z clubs up when you decide to sell, you will likely find a buyer there.

Let me know if you are going to go to any car events in the area and i will do my best to get my car out there too. I also am anxiously awaiting pictures to see how it turned out. Sorry to hear you might be selling one, but based on your signature, I assume you have a few to spare. Hit the local Z clubs up when you decide to sell, you will likely find a buyer there.

Four of them, actually. The '72, '76, '77 and '83. Actually, the '77 I just gave to my brother, since he's about to turn 16 - it was my first Z, so it's kinda cool I was able to hand it down. But, the '76 will be going up first, since I'm almost finished with it, and the '72 shortly after. Once I get my '82 out of the bodyshop (the one in this post) I'll drive it around for a while and determine if I like it. If I do, great, I'll use it as a daily. If not, I'll sell it too, buy a G35 or something, and just keep my '75 widebody project. I can't ditch the LSx - I'm soo close to having it ready for the swap.

I was going to attend a couple of the cowtown Z meets, but the crappy weather kept me from going. I'd like to go to one soon, though. Other than that, I really don't know any other car meets that take place in this area.

Alright, made another stop by the shop today. They fixed the paint on the rear, and I think it looks better. Plus, for some reason, seems to flow well with the spoiler (to me anyways).

DSC00011.jpg

I know a lot of people hate the f-40 wing, and I usually do, but somehow see my car as an exception to the rule. If I could find that spoiler that was used on the red Overboost 280zxt, I would definitely go with that one instead, but it's an ABR spoiler that I can't find anywhere, so unless I stumble on one, the f-40 will do.

Again, it was at the end of the day, so it was still surrounded by other cars, but I was able to at least get a decent shot of the overall view.