HybridZ

L28et starts on 6 cylinders but loses 3 shortly after

letitsnow

As the title states, The engine will start and run on 6 cylinders but numbers 1, 2, and 3 die after 5-10 seconds.

Things I've tried:

Check ignition timing

Check cam timing

Check valve lash

Change spark plug wires around

Change spark plugs around

Change injector wires around

Change injectors around

Check compression(125-135 on the offending holes)

Listen for hissing when pressurizing the cylinder with an air hose at TDC

Play with dwell settings on the MS1

Swearing loudly at it

The plugs and wires are new, the cap and rotor came with the dizzy and looked new, I'm going to replace the cap tomorrow.

The engine is a '77 bottom end with a solid p90 head, 280zxt manifold and turbo, 280zxt injectors and fuel rail(had the injectors cleaned and flowed), MS1, open MSA downpipe, 280zxt optical dizzy, no turbo to TB pipe yet.

If the cap doesn't fix it, I'm stumped.

Datalog of it losing the 3 after startup, I put a flag roughly when each one died. You can see one coming back when the rpms increase and then drop back off. Throttle didn't move at all after it was started.

3 cyl.zip

I switched the drivers around and the injectors between cylinders.

I looked at the datalog and noticed that DC2 was twice DC1, the I went out to the car and changed the injectors to simultaneous from alternating, this made the DC's the same but it didn't make it run any better. I can hear all of the injectors firing when I listen to them with the screwdriver method.

Checked compression again, it's 135-140 across the board.

This is the msq I'm using.

running on 3 cyl.zip

That is kind of weird. Normally air goes through quick with an electric fuel pump. That was still weird to see different duty cycles on the different channels. Maybe take a quick run through review mode to see if you left anything on. Simultaneous vs alternating shouldn't really change that.

Check the filter, and you can do a free-flow test as well. Check the FSM, there should be a certain amount of fuel that should flow per minute if you unhook the line from the rail and put it in a bucket. Or do you have a pressure gauge on the rail and know for certain?

No filter, I know, it's dumb, but I drained the tank and there was NO rust or other garbage.

It's a walbro 255lph gsl392, it gets super loud if there is any pressure in the line. It also takes at least ~2 min to pump a gallon of gas free flow(it might not have even been a gallon), that works out to about 115lph. I should really time it, but I'm convinced it's bad. It flows a similar amount pumping from one gas can to another outside of the car entirely.