HybridZ

My V8 build SBC 355

Fresh air can make a world of difference under the hot hood of a carb'd Z. Interesting use of carb hat for fresh air. I was always concerned if there would be enough air flow from one snorkel. Is that a production piece or custom made?

The piece that fits directly over the carb. is a production piece. i believe i got it from Auto Zone, actually. the hosing, i got from Home Debot. and it actually doesnt give it as much air as i'd like it to, the car hick ups and has trouble breathing when i punch it. So i might just put the regular air cleaner back on!

Nice build. Its exciting to other z's in town.

Yes it is! i knew there were other Z's in town, but alot of the people like to keep them stock.... BLEH!!! My stock Z i really want to either build a 388 stroker, LS1, or SR20... possible even a VQ? but i need to figure that out before i start tearing into it

John Scott-

For further clarification, I believe the air plenum is a unit by "Spectre Performance". They've got a pretty good website:

http://www.spectreperformance.com/#HOME

Several places like Autozone and Pep Boys carry their stuff.

Slopoke-

It looks like you might be using 3" ducting for your cold air intake? If so, I wonder if 4" tubing would help your motor breather better. Just a thought....

The build looks like it's going really nice -- great job!

John Scott-

For further clarification, I believe the air plenum is a unit by "Spectre Performance". They've got a pretty good website:

http://www.spectreperformance.com/#HOME

Several places like Autozone and Pep Boys carry their stuff.

Slopoke-

It looks like you might be using 3" ducting for your cold air intake? If so, I wonder if 4" tubing would help your motor breather better. Just a thought....

The build looks like it's going really nice -- great job!

You know, i might try the 4" and hopefully it will breath better!!

thanks for the commetnt!

What kind of tubing is it? I have a 305 in mine but it just has the regular filter on the front of the block. I would like to run tubing out to some cold air and pipe it in from in front of the radiator. Thanks!

The tubing is from spectre, We did get it from auto zone actually!