HybridZ

Z31 Distrubutor internals in a 280zxt distributor

RUZN

OK so I am trying to figure out why I seem to be stumbling off the line every so often with rich black clouds of fuel out the back end.

I took apart my distributor and took my NA Z31 distrubutor and replaced the inner electronic thingy. Started up fine and got a good idle and not so much bog. then I went around town everything seemed good. but after I left parts store it seemed like im running on 5 cylinders..

Dose anyone know if the distrubutor internals on a Z31 NA should still advance timing on a 280zxt. I figured the ECU controls advance dose it not?

I did turn up the fuel pressure to 60spi for about 5 seconds and then back down to 36ish as I was adjusting it so I pulled plugs and of course they are blackend so I figured i prolly fouled em and with the short drive they just got a bit to sooted.

Gonna clean them up and try again.

Also from an old post bernarrd said I can just disconnect my O2 but I did that and it runs really rich obviously.

SO with my 300zxt ECU swap I have always had a rich start and horrible gas milage but I have been running stock O2 the entire time so should I convert it to the 300zxt O2 will this fix my bad gas milage and poor stumbling starts . Cause I think I have done just about everything at this point

Changed parts:

Tps

temp sensors

thermostat

oil changed

coolant

hosing

replaced stock fan with electric

used manual FPR and stock FPR

plugs

Wastegates

only thing I havent swapped is MAF and ECU

MAF dosent seem to do anything when you turn the dial could it be pooched? and causing all these issues... but then would it run fine on highway and around town if MAF was pooched....... I have a NA 300zx MAF from my 300zx so should I try swapping those?

any ideas peoples...

Removed all idle control stuff I use idle screw now from 240sx throttle body

plugged off EGR and anythign else I didnt need according to afshins post about the 300zxt ECU swap

only thing I havent done according to swap was the O2

Oh you can use Z31 or VG30E distributor inernals as I have now found out. So instead of that old clear selant hockey puck thing with resistors and diodes on it. You can use the Nice black plastic clean looking doohicky inside your S130T distributor housing.

Yeah im a 2nd Year here in Calgary so still learning about this stuff!! LOL.. Thing is it was intermittant and really only happened under Load so its kinda hard to Test it with a Ohm or volt meter while the car is trying to tear away from the blocks LOL...

It read ok when testing so I guess it must have some faulty wiring internally that gets bumpped around or what not!

All I know is its freaking Awesome now! And $20 bucks 94octane atually gets me like 200km instead of 100km LOL So im HAPPY!

plus replacing old coil and stuff really made a huge difference Its like a friggin new car. FUN FUN FUN