HybridZ

Craigslist 1980 Datsun 280ZX 10th Anniversary - $16500

Zmanco

Guest Rolling Parts

Lots of miles and wear;

I thought a saw a sub-2000 mile red & black 10th recently for about the same price? It's interesting but I'm sure it's offered at a high price and is really OBO...

• Administrators

For a ZX with 147,000 miles, engine is not the original numbers matching block, mid run of the 3000 "plaques"? scratch.gif

Maybe $10,000, IF it is the number 1 or 3000 plaque, AND with less than 50,000 miles AND the original numbers matching engine under the hood, or in another 15-20 years... caffeine.gif

If people step up and pay these sort of prices, they could be jump starting the market for collectors. If he gets anywhere near his asking price for the car, we might want to start hanging on to our parts cars. They could end up being our IRA! :wink:

lol, local guy in town has a s130 AE with 400 miles, bought it new, drove it for a week, now just pushes it in and out of his garage to clean it, he said no less then $8k for it, still absolutely mint, it hasnt seen direct sunlight in over 20 years as well, since he washes it at dusk, or when its cloudy.

• Administrators
...he said hes gotten a couple offers for 13,000 for it... i dont believe him

Neither do I, but then again, there are people with that sort of cash just laying around ready to spend on an old Datsun that can be easily snowed, er, I mean they just don't know any better and are otherwise incapable of researching the value of these cars on their own... whistle.gif

If he gets that much, good for him on his "savvy" marketing...

• 2 weeks later...