HybridZ

Convert RB26 trans to RWD?

jakeoster

not that hard

cut off the 4wd alloy section, remove the chain drive from the parent box(just cut the loop and pull it out),then plate the hole you have left to pretty it up

not sure why though unless you have a cheap 4wd trans already(which you could always sell to fund a RWD RB25 trans)

they are heavier and probably have been more abused in a previous life

Ahh hell, now I feel even more buyers remorse for going with the RB25 instead of the RB26:rolleyesg Why isnt this a more common thing? I did not buy the RB26 because I couldnt afford an RB26 with RB25 trans at the time. Personally Id like a 6 speed more then a 5 speed...are the results sub par (assuming the RB26 trans is in good condition) or something?

Ahh hell, now I feel even more buyers remorse for going with the RB25 instead of the RB26:rolleyesg Why isnt this a more common thing? I did not buy the RB26 because I couldnt afford an RB26 with RB25 trans at the time. Personally Id like a 6 speed more then a 5 speed...are the results sub par (assuming the RB26 trans is in good condition) or something?

FWIW the RB26, RB25, and Z32 transmission are all the same internally....theres no advantage to going with either of them

or a rb26 bellhousing with a Z32 trans. That ended up costing me $600 and I still have a rb26 tranny to sell to a high hp GTR owner who just broke his.

rb25det trans are rare and expensive. I have a good solution for the z32 shifter, if you want pics let me know and ill post them up.