HybridZ

77 Feet Of Custom Cage

Zzeal

Original Poster... How did you manage to weld around the entire bar where the A-pillar bar meets the roof hoop? I looks very tight in there. Looks like it could only be welded all the way around if the roof were removed. Actually, it looks to be that situation in a lot of the corners of the cage. It looks like a very nice cage though, very pretty.

Mark says it's ok to share his technique on fully welding those bars high up on the main hoop, tight to the top.

First, position the main hoop, notice its legs are up on top of the rockers, not on the floor. Miter and position one of the upper bars to the hoop and tack it securely. Coax the hoop leg down off the ledge, giving yourself a couple of inches to do a complete weld. Put the leg back up, voila.

There are other situations which demand more creative solutions, but it never involves cutting a top.

Steve

Mark says it's ok to share his technique on fully welding those bars high up on the main hoop, tight to the top.

First, position the main hoop, notice its legs are up on top of the rockers, not on the floor. Miter and position one of the upper bars to the hoop and tack it securely. Coax the hoop leg down off the ledge, giving yourself a couple of inches to do a complete weld. Put the leg back up, voila.

There are other situations which demand more creative solutions, but it never involves cutting a top.

Steve

Necessity... the creator of invetion!!! Or innovation in most cases...

Give my compliments to Mark. He is definately an artist!

I just started a project that involves a bit of tube bending, and it definately takes more skill than I thought before.:)

Have Fun!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

On zzeal roll cage that does not have a diagonal brace, can a bolt in diagonal brace meet the scca rules?

FIA rules don't require a diagonal. If you wanted to build that cage to be SCCA legal, you would have to build it slightly differently. Change the diagonal, and there might be some other small changes to door bars and such that would be needed. Not a big deal.

Bolting in a diagonal is not going to pass tech.

• 2 weeks later...

Where can I get into contact with this cage builder and how much was spent on this cage? I really like it, I would obviously need to have changes made to meet the SCCA rules as I plan to run my car in autocross. If you can PM me what you paid, or a rough area of what you paid and a way to contact this individual that would be awesome.

Thanks,

Kinser

Where can I get into contact with this cage builder and how much was spent on this cage? I really like it, I would obviously need to have changes made to meet the SCCA rules as I plan to run my car in autocross. If you can PM me what you paid, or a rough area of what you paid and a way to contact this individual that would be awesome.

Thanks,

Kinser

Hi Kinser,

Just sent you a PM.

Steve