HybridZ

haha so this totally made my day.....

nissan2ner831

Well my family owns 4 different cars, and with my younger sister recently getting her driver's license, she's been taking the Jeep Wrangler that I usually drive....meaning I've had to learn how to drive a stick in my stepdad's 1978 Porsche 911 SC (not that I'm complaining at all XD).

Anyways, so it not being my car means I'm a bit defensive when driving it, as most people would be. Well I get out of class today and walk into the parking garage where I parked. I get into the car, start it up and put it into reverse and start backing out. I notice people are starting to walk behind me so I wait for them to finish, and in the mean time, a guy gets into his Honda Civic that has the Red H badge, and probably exhaust and intake.....well he decided to not pay attention that someone was already backing out and started backing out so I'm waiting for him. While backing out, I don't know if he just didn't see where my car was or what, but he got damn close to my rear bumper so I slam the horn to get him to stop. In response he stops, looks at me like I did something to him, and after he pulls forward revs his engine up acting like a badass XD. I was like really???? Your virtually stock Honda Civic against a 3.0L Porsche?? I mean don't get me wrong, if he had a turbo (did not hear any blow off valve or anything of the kind, so I seriously doubt it), he could maybe get the jump on a N/A Porsche....but seriously, he just looked like a gay Civic driver trying to rev his car like he wants to race the Porsche (I wouldn't have raced him for numerous reasons, the biggest being it is not my car and the second being I'm still learning to drive a stick properly)....it just totally made my day when he did that XD.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh I don't have a problem with all Honda's or all Honda owners. Just idiots like this are the ones that bother me, but it doesn't matter if they are in a Honda, Nissan, Audi, Chevy, etc. It just happens to be I tend to think about most of them being in Honda's (because so many of them populate my area).

I can name even Honda Civic's that I have a lot of respect for, for instance the one owned by Tage Evanson. A lot of respect for making a name for himself to the point that the B18 that was once in the vehicle has been replaced with a K24 and is working out the issues with that car. But big respect to any Honda Civic that is capable of beating out a Dodge Viper or Corvette Z06 in the quarter mile....naturally aspirated none the less.

I just typically don't consider FWD a very viable way to deliver power for sports cars (hence why I dislike most Honda's).

I just typically don't consider FWD a very viable way to deliver power for sports cars (hence why I dislike most Honda's).

That is my biggest issue with Honda owners, and the ones that like to talk smack as if their own crap doesn't stink.

I have no problem respecting any car. Its the owners that drive me nuts

My roommate drives a SN95 5.0 Mustang :) They might be the worst :mrgreen:

• Administrators
... In response he stops, looks at me like I did something to him, and after he pulls forward revs his engine up acting like a badass XD....

And there in lies the difference between Honda's and Hunduh's! The person or idiot behind wheel!

Normal citizens aware the world does not revolve around them drive Honda’s. Young punk ass kids who feel the world owes them something and he/she should be respected and revered as someone far more special than they really are, Honduh drivers!

Unfortunately so many wanna-be punks have latched on to the Honda badge as their moniker from which to display their self righteous "specialness", giving a totally respectable automaker a sour reputation that has become the poster child for the Ricer stereotype. It is shame really. Because of the stereo type, I wont even consider a Honda when shopping for vehicles. I have nothing against Honda vehicles, nice quality commuter vehicles, have seen some very powerful custom versions, it’s the Honduh image that has tarnished that badge, in my mind any how.

My best/worst experience was when I was in college...I had a suzuki katana 750 with 600 badges (they were the same size) - that was all stock. I put 600 badges on it for some fun around campus.

Anyway - one time I'm all by myself at a stoplight in the MIDDLE of the University of Illinois campus and a very souped up mustang (all motor) pulls up and wants to race to the next light. I tell him that he's retarded and he says I'm scared. I'm in front of him before we pass the traffic signals like 30 feet away and he pulls up and wants to go again... *sigh*... I did it 3 times in a row. I wish his dumb, broke ass was willing to put some money down.

Guest Rolling Parts

Well, if you're blocked in your space by pedestrians and he's not, He's got every right to leave while you can't. Getting honked in anger by a still non-moving car will usually get some sort of reaction.