HybridZ

Sikky possibly making ls motor/trans kit for z32

hawaiifiveoh

For those who are interested, he is saying that they are r & d'ing for the ones with the most interest, so if you are interested, put a little input here and try to get this going along...

http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/conversions-hybrids/1179751-sikky-ls1-engine-mount-kit-nissan-240sx-350z.html

I really hope they come out with something soon for the Z32 - I had exchanged a few emails with these guys and they said that it is still in development (roughly 3-4 months ago). The swap kit for the s13/14 calls for some BFH work in and around the trans tunnel - I don't think they will get away with that on the Z32 though - definitely some cutting...

• 4 weeks later...
  • Administrators

I was in direct contact with Sikky during my LSx Z-32 mock up phase, sharing ALL of my info, dimensions, mock up measurements etc. I was truly hoping between my efforts and theirs we were going to find that magic bullet to able to install an LSx without cutting up the car or dropping the rack more than 3/4" thus altering the front suspension which would be determent to the cars handling, i.e. stepping backwards for a "sports car!".

That was back in January and February of this year! whistle.gif

If I were to speculate here, based on their quote of the Z-32 still in R&D as of Sept on the LS1 tech forum, my guess is they are still trying to find that magic bullet to fit the LSx in easy enough for “kit” production.

Based on their other works, once they are able to make it happen, (keeping my glass half full here), they should be able to sell MANY kits and it will make for wonderful sports car ridding the car of its worst enemy, the oh to difficult to access and maintain, heavy, oink.gif VG30DE!

For those curious, here are the results with tons of pictures of my efforts for this conversion;

http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=144469

I since sold that nice Z-32 example, bought a ’97 BMW M-3 and currently installing the LSx in that, (the BMW LSx conversion is a walk in the park in comparison to the Z-32 LSx conversion, and the M3 is a more capable car, seats 5 and is comparably priced used!) :wink: