HybridZ

S13 (240sx) dash in 240z

inlawZ

anyone know where i can get this done less than Vildini? I want to get this done soon but don't have time to do it myself and can't see myself paying what Vilidini price is.

please let me know if you have a shop anywhere in So Cal.

How much does Vildini charge for something like that? Do you have to supply to dash?

• 2 weeks later...

i dont really see a point in using the dash if you dont use the original cluster...ive always wanted to do this conversion for the simple fact that if you use a ka/sr with the dash you could retrofit a 240sx harness into the car and the possibility of using a digital hud cluster in it also...ive never seen a hud dash in a 240z that would be cool...

the dash itself is only cutting/trimming to make fit...i think the hard part would be to try and figure out how to make all the hvac system work

I agree, I think its a cool idea but I personally like the racer style setup of the dash in the 280 with the individual pods. Of course, a ka or sr swap would make this more practical. Having owned two 240sx I always found the dash to be a little bland and looking like it was not completely thought out in the design phase. Maybe a dash that has more style or functionality could be done and allow everything to work as it should.

• 1 month later...

I love the z dash but I like the simple look of the s13 dash I want a to put a double din head unit in easer to do with the s13 dash. I just bought my s13 dash and center console for $15 so if I don' like it all I have in it is my time and $15 I will take some pics show progress let you know how much work it is do do this swap I don't think it is worth $2500

Yea I know but I think I can use the one center console I have to size everything up until I find a JDM console for a good price I found one on ebay that was carbon fiber but it was $300 or $400 looked nice in pic but don't know it my not look as nice in person. I think it would be hard to customize where the parking brake goes because the angle at the front of the arm rest but maybe not.

2,500 for a dash swap??. I got my crack free dash for 30bux. Spent a few hours trimming and fitting and BAM it's in there like swim wear. Got the center console fitted it and screwed it down. I changed it back to stock because i couldn't find a black one that was crack free so until then i'm keeping it stock. Mabey when my 7mgte or 396 goes in i will find one and do it again.

• 2 weeks later...
2500, little pricey, but you got the money then why not? but for me, i would use 2500 to do something else with my car.

Yea, like buy a OEM completely virgin Z dash. Not saying I dont love the guys at Vildini, my car is there now. But the only reason I would consider putting modern dash in a classic car is because the price of a classic dash that is in as good condition as a modern one would cost too much. But Ive seen beautiful Z dashes go for $600 bucks. Unfortunately for my wallet I am looking to get a Z dash wrapped in leather and suede, as well as the center consol...CHA CHING!

I just picked up my uncracked S13dash and console at a pick and pull for $35. Not too difficult to pull, but will take some major fabricating. I am also considering the wiring harness. This way I can use the s13 sterring column and switches. I will also be pulling the hvac system to see how much adapt.

I am going all out on this 260Z. Complete fiberglass tilt front end (ala Viper), custom convertible. with 2" box tube steel for stiffening, power steering from a Subaru Forester, and an RB25 already installed.

Wish me luck.........