HybridZ

LS1 on Engine Test Stand

I have always wanted to build an engine test stand so with plans I purchased on Ebay and some tweaking for the LS1 here it is. This came out GREAT!!!. As some of you may know especially Vinh who was a great help in the electrical area this was a very fun and useful project. I now know the engine works well including the wiring, computer, sensors and everything else. No oil leaks and OPEN HEADERS SOUND FRICKEN AWESOME!!!!!!!

Video:

Take a look and let me know what you guys think. On with the HybridZ machine.

I made a couple of mistakes in the video such as I did not make the Sandersons headers and a couple little errors but hey it's my first video.

Engine Test Stand 1_thumb.jpg

Engine Test Stand 2_thumb.jpg

Engine Test Stand 3_thumb.jpg

Engine Test Stand 4_thumb.jpg

Engine Test Stand 5_thumb.jpg

Engine Test Stand 6_thumb.jpg

Engine Test Stand 7_thumb.jpg

Engine Test Stand 8_thumb.jpg

I know I know..... YES I need to make one with the revs. It is a loud SOB without mufflers but I live in the country and can get away with it on a limited basis. My wife came home and from the house she thought a semi fired up. I was laughing my ass off. I took the video with my PowerShot digital camara so if I rev it I'm not sure how much distortion I'll get but what the hell.

At idle I have around 35PSI oil pressure at it goes up to 55PSI at 2000RPM. How do those numbers sound to you?

Danno74z

I'm pulling my oil pressure right by the filter not up top behind the intake where the OEM sensor is located on the LS1's. Maichor, is this what your doing and getting you oil pressure from? I haven't taken the engine over 2500 on the test stand (just too loud) but it stays right at 55PSI which I'm sure is adequate.

Danno74Z