HybridZ

Post up your Dailys and your Zs

And since the GF drives the Z about as much as I do, here's her DD

101_1073.sized.jpg

thats close to what my '85 hilux surf is :D Mine has more bumps and dents, the black plastic bumper corners missing on 3 corners, the front chrome bumper askew, no front valence under the bumper, a white fiberglass rear and the grille is 8 holes not 4 with a smooth front bumper without the two holes in that one.

They're pretty tough little trucks aren't they :D

thats close to what my '85 hilux surf is :D Mine has more bumps and dents, the black plastic bumper corners missing on 3 corners, the front chrome bumper askew, no front valence under the bumper, a white fiberglass rear and the grille is 8 holes not 4 with a smooth front bumper without the two holes in that one.

They're pretty tough little trucks aren't they :D

Aside from the exploding Toyota 3.0 it's been great.

Does yours have the solid axle up front? They switched to IFS over here in '86, ours is an '89..

Yup solid axle, I totally rebult that axle last winter, dropped the driveshaft and pulled the diff centre out while I was under there, checked bearings, greased it all up, new seals, stuck it back together, new rotors on the front with new pads and new rear drum shoes.

whats up at the moment is the starter motor has died, so to start it up to go pick up calves (it's a farm truck more than a general mobility vehicle) I have to make sure I park it on a slope before turning it off :P