HybridZ

280z + Skyline HalfCut.

DevilZ69

So i decided to go on with my project of doing an rb25det swap in my 1st gen 280z, the car is being rebuilt and the chassis reinforced and still thinking if i should put on some rollcage.

1.im caught between buying a halfcut skyline r33($1900) its basically an r33 cut into half,lol, or ill just buy the engine and the tranny itself($1200) and all the necesary component for the engine to run.

im just thinking if i would be able to put in the aircon system,radiator,etc(through custom fabrication) out from the skyline r33 halfcut into my 280z, that way it would be much cheaper.

R33%20half%202.JPG

If i wont be able to use the other parts(aircon,radiator,suspension,breaks,etc) from the halfcut i will be buying an engine and the tranny itself instead.

Engines%2Frb25%5B1%5D.jpg

If ever, what parts can i use if i am to buy a skyline r33 halfcut?

thanks!

Get the half cut. It will have everything you need and you wont need to go chasing parts that are sometimes missing from the engine alone. Also you can sell any left over parts on a local skyline forum. make some money back. I know the front brakes are of value

I have put an RB25 into a 280z. Get the engine and transmission. Dont forget about the shipping costs. Most of the crap that comes with a half cut you cannot use. For instance the radiator will not fit. A half cut is not a good way to save money when swapping the engine into a Z car. Also, the market is somewhat saturated already with miscellaneous parts that come off these half cuts so you'd be hard pressed to make a sale. Just my two cents....

i see, i think i might go for the front clip, there is a supplier here in manila that will hook me up with a frontcut rb25 non turbo for around $1000-$1100 and its already shipped with that price, the difference from buying an rb25 N/A front cut and buying an engine and tranny, in terms of price, is around $200 dollars, i think the engine and the tranny goes for $800 shipped the front cut goes for around $1000-$1100 shipped. so theres not much of a difference really lol.

i know that having an engine swap over there at the U.S is expensive but believe me, here in manila? you could have an rb26dett under your hood for around $6k, shipped,installed,tuned and running.

Make sure you are getting the entire half cut. some places advertise a half cut then when you get it all that's there is the engine tranny and the portion of the car that was cut away. which leaves you with nothing but the shell when the motor and tranny are pulled. But if you getting the entire thing with things like lights wiring, gage clusters ect ect you can sell stuff to get back some money. But as mentioned above there are a lot of parts out there for sale.

Also if your getting a full half cut make sure you get it running then test compression after a good warm up period.