HybridZ

The build of a 240Z by 310z

I first saw a 240Z in 1970 when a neighbor purchased one. I was 6 yr. old. I thought WoW that is cool. All the neighbors were gathered around checking it out.

Fast forward to 19 yr. old and my mom had a friend that had a 240Z that had been garaged at home and work through the 1970. Then the car was only driven to church on Sundays when the weather was good. In 1987 I was contacted and asked if I wanted the car, it only had 73000 miles on it with an Auto trans and air conditioning. I drove the heck out of that car on the mountain roads for years. I had Koni struts, Tokico touring springs and Enkie 92 15x7 -0 off set. At one point I had a 240 block with tripple webers and a 5 speed. The car was orange with gold centered wheels. I do not have any digital pictures of the car in its original form or first modified form, but here is the rest of the story in pictures. Starting with the day I got it back from the bead blaster.

P1030051_thumb.jpg

P1030039_thumb.jpg

P1030034_thumb.jpg

BBS magneisum race wheels 16x8 -0 offset. According to BBS America these wheels were never imported into America. They are between 25 and 30 years old. The wheels did not have the proper bolt pattern for a Z. Prior to me purchasing them the wheels were drilled for a Z. They were Gold. I spent 13 Hr. bead blasting them. They were then sealed and painted with BBS silver, which is "Wurth", Silver Wheel Paint.

P1030986_thumb.JPG

P1050099_thumb.JPG

P1030987_thumb.JPG

Original Fairlady fender mirrors customized to fit on the doors.

Original optional equiptment new out of the box headlamp covers Riv Nutted to the fenders priot to paint.

Carbon fiber bumpers from MSA

P1030988_thumb.JPG

P1050061_thumb.jpg

P1050107_thumb.JPG

My Mom who found the car and arranged the purchase.

Builder Steve Pettersen The Z GURU himself of Pettersen Motorworks and me Jim Daniels owner.

The first showing Saturday, The Solvang Roadster show 2009. Then on to The West Coast Z Nationals in Orange on Sunday.

Then some other Z car at Steves shop.

P1050025_thumb.jpg

P1050057_thumb.JPG

P1050137_thumb.JPG

MOMO petals, MOMO Carbon/aluminum shift knob, console and matching Recaro seats with Simpson racing harneses. Lots of pictures hope everyone enjoys the tour, as I enjoy the ride.

17381_thumb.attach

17382_thumb.attach

IMG_0013_thumb.jpg